• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

wierd. overdrive oc's, but everything else doesn't

thenerd

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
352
if i turn on overdrive, it goes to 527 core for my 9600xt. I find overdrive to be stable in benchmarks too. ( i know it down clocks, but still it is stable at the very beginning where temps are still good). when i try to oc the same number with atitool/rage3d, 3dmarks will just freeze within seconds...

so is my inability to oc a software problem?
 
Sounds like a temperature problem. With my 9600xt, it will freeze (during ATI Tool) much lower than if I use other o/ci'ing programs.

That does come across as ambiguous, but when I installed a secondary cooling unit, the temp's remained the same. I could raise the core to 600 with standard cooling, but after, it woud drop much earlier.
 
what?? The 9600's core goes to 600 mhz? I want to see a screenshot... My x800xt only hits 545
 
IceWeasel said:
what?? The 9600's core goes to 600 mhz? I want to see a screenshot... My x800xt only hits 545

different cores hit different speeds...the GT is only 350 and the Ultra is 400...mhz is only similar in the same core
 
my idle temp is from 31-34, and load is around 55 max.

i have a 80mm fan blowing in from the pci slots right under the card. so is my temps ok or not? this is with overdrive and mem oced to 330 btw.
 
actually, yeah, that AM3 score does kind of blow...i'm hitting 44942 with my setup...sheesh

and also, for overclocking, use ATiTool...in my eyes, i find its the best one of out them all...but that's my cup-o-tea
 
Back
Top