Wierd issue with the puter starting back up.

twinturboz

n00b
Hi guys,

I cant seem to figure out this problem i'm having, recently i installed a Airlink Wireless 300N card on my new desktop running Vista Ultimate and now i think because of that hardware when i shut down the computer, it starts back up after i just shut it down (almost like doing a restart). It seems i have to use the button in the back of the power supply to keep it shut down. What do you guys think it is? Im pretty sure its because of the wireless card because now my other desktop does that too and its running Win XP Pro. It could be something else, but i find it funny it didnt do that before when i didnt have that card installed.

Any insights would be helpful,

Thanks in advance!

I'm not familiar with that card but I think you need to check the software settings. Check things like "wake on LAN" and other "wake" settings.
That's my first guess!

I'm not familiar with that card but I think you need to check the software settings. Check things like "wake on LAN" and other "wake" settings.
That's my first guess!

I have all those settings all disabled since i never use those settings. :( Not sure on what it is, but it bothers me that the only way i can shut it down is hit shutdown and then hit the power switch on the back right when its about to restart.

Back