Wierd Idea

Hayden123

Limp Gawd
Hey don't know how this would work but why not just cut a hole in your cpu case and string a good size air conduate to the case and use your houses normal air conditioning?

Condensation...and condensation....did I mention condensation? Imagine a cold beer can sitting on your desk....after a while there will be a pool of condensation beneath it. Now picture your computer sitting in a pool of water.

Condensation...and condensation....did I mention condensation? Imagine a cold beer can sitting on your desk....after a while there will be a pool of condensation beneath it. Now picture your computer sitting in a pool of water.

What he said.
I wouldn't suggest it to be honest.

Idk it was a though seems like LN2 or that type stuff would cause more condensation but a simple air conditioner wouldn't cool it down too much.

I find myself taking the door off my pc case because it crashes from heat related problems

Idk it was a though seems like LN2 or that type stuff would cause more condensation but a simple air conditioner wouldn't cool it down too much.

I find myself taking the door off my pc case because it crashes from heat related problems

If you look at LN2 coolers you'll see the thick-ass insulation they put around it: it's to keep condensation away. If you're blowing cool air into the PC, you'll get condensation and since it's air (not LN2 in a vessel) that condensation'll get everywhere.

Well idk it seems kinda pointless just to cool a cpu and gpu when all the pcbs, memory, hardrives and northbridge and southbridge are so hot.

Is there a way to cool the whole thing?

besides puting the pc in your local meat locker. lol

There's condensation on a cold beer, because the warm air around the can is cooled below it's dew point by the cold can... If you start with cold, dry air, and feed it into the bottom of the case, while allowing sufficiently (IE positive pressure) exhaust, the exiting air should have a higher humidity that that going in, and you wouldn't have much, if any, condensation problem.

I hate heat thats the only reason i posted this. I have to open my pc case window and open my window to the outside sometimes just to get it to run right. I love the winter because I can just open the window and it's about 50 degrees outside. I just throw on a jacket and play crysis till frostbite sets in lol. Putting a pipe from air vent to pc would allow me to play in the summer more lol.

There's condensation on a cold beer, because the warm air around the can is cooled below it's dew point by the cold can... If you start with cold, dry air, and feed it into the bottom of the case, while allowing sufficiently (IE positive pressure) exhaust, the exiting air should have a higher humidity that that going in, and you wouldn't have much, if any, condensation problem.

True, but the OP was talking about hooking it to normal A/C, which in most places includes a humidifier; the air blowing over it will cool the metal in the case and give a spot for condensation, even with positive pressure. If you had a dedicated A/C unit without a humidifier it makes sense, albeit a little pointless, but to the houses A/C, it probably wouldn't end well.

I hate heat thats the only reason i posted this. I have to open my pc case window and open my window to the outside sometimes just to get it to run right. I love the winter because I can just open the window and it's about 50 degrees outside. I just throw on a jacket and play crysis till frostbite sets in lol. Putting a pipe from air vent to pc would allow me to play in the summer more lol.

I think you have more problems then. Define "run right". Do components overheat, and if so, what? Is there sufficient airflow? Cables managed?

Yeah, it wouldn't be as much of an issue in the winter since the humidity is a lot lower, but some summer months when you're pumping cool air in and warm, humid air on the outside of the case you'll most certainly get condensation on the outside. You could insulate the outside of the case.

True, but the OP was talking about hooking it to normal A/C, which in most places includes a humidifier; the air blowing over it will cool the metal in the case and give a spot for condensation, even with positive pressure. If you had a dedicated A/C unit without a humidifier it makes sense, albeit a little pointless, but to the houses A/C, it probably wouldn't end well.

I think you have more problems then. Define "run right". Do components overheat, and if so, what? Is there sufficient airflow? Cables managed?

I get occasional heat related crashes. I've found out a while back it's because my components overheat specifically I think it might be the GFX card but Idk.

I get occasional heat related crashes. I've found out a while back it's because my components overheat specifically I think it might be the GFX card but Idk.

What graphics card? Perhaps your issue could be solved with an extra fan below it venting out, or with an aftermarket GPU cooler.

Back