Wieless network adapter that works in Vista 64 bit?

I have several generic wireless cards with RalinkTech chipset and all of them work flawless under Xp/Vista64

All the various really cheap Airlink101 adapters that Fry's sells detect and work just fine if you are connected so that Windows Update is available when you plug them in.

Paying only 19.99 for USB wireless N rocks when Fry's puts them on sale.
http://www.airlink101.com/products/awll6080.html

I use them for my Vista 64 Media PC's.

I put one in my cousins system the other day and Vista did not have any built in driver support so we hooked up a line and it searched online for a driver and found one.

There are enough of those "animals" to fill several zoos.
I would have gone with the "nah, Vista x64 has absolutely no wireless support at all whatsoever. Wireless isn't 64-bit." answer myself.

My Dell Inspiron E1705's Broadcom wireless and my Sager 5793's Intel 4965 wireless both have full Windows x64 support. Of course, these are both laptops.

That was my problem finding a driver for a Linksys wireless-G usb nic, their website doesnt have a x64 driver for vista, but I solved the problem by using a wired connection. And allowing vista to search online for one, weird that the manufacturer doesnt have one but microsoft does.

Back