• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

widescreen with 9800 pro? can it even keep up?

Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
693
this is me begging for advice:

im new to this whole widescreen monitor thing. right now i have a 17-inch monitor, and i want the HP L2335 23-inch TFT Widescreen:
http://h71016.www7.hp.com/dstore/Mi...&ProductLineId=504&FamilyId=1869&BaseId=12126

here are my 9800 pro specs:
http://ati.com/products/radeon9800/radeon9800pro/specs.html

so will my card be able to support this?

right now my computer plays HL2 and WoW without any problems at all. Will the 9800 be able to keep up at higher resolutions?

I cant afford a new card AND a new monitor at the moment

thanks :cool:
 
I have a 9800 pro with a Dell 2005FPW and it keeps up pretty good at stock speeds. My card oc's to 440/380 so whenever I play games I run it at those speeds. My res is 1680x1050 and I play HL2, Doom 3, Far Cry and Americas Army mostly.
 
so you have a 9600? or a 9800?


I was convinced with the 9800 till I clicked the link :S

btw, wait for Dell to release that same monitor, almost guarenteed to be cheaper
 
I would say it could if you have it set to medium quality.....1920x1200 is a lot for a videocard to handle...My 6800GT works great with it though...
 
Back
Top