I'm on the hunt for a new widescreen LCD.
Here's my story. I started out with the Dell 2005FPW, but was turned off by the large amount of backlight bleeding. I then moved onto it's twin, the 20-inch Apple Cinema display, but was not happy at the fact the backlight was very uneven. So then I bought that 21-inch widescreen display from Gateway, but there seems to be a huge flaw in every unit they sent me. The bleeding isn't bad, but the left side of the screen is always brighter than the rest of the screen. I really don't know where to go from here because I love widescreen displays for normal desktop usage and games. Any ideas on a good one I should try?
Off the top of my head the only one I can think of is the HP F2304 as I recall it being praised by Maximum PC last year though I really have no idea how great of a performer it is with games.
Any recommendations on a good widescreen would be much appreciated. A LCD TV would be kinda nice for the HDCP, but the few I looked at had a really low native rez.
Here's my story. I started out with the Dell 2005FPW, but was turned off by the large amount of backlight bleeding. I then moved onto it's twin, the 20-inch Apple Cinema display, but was not happy at the fact the backlight was very uneven. So then I bought that 21-inch widescreen display from Gateway, but there seems to be a huge flaw in every unit they sent me. The bleeding isn't bad, but the left side of the screen is always brighter than the rest of the screen. I really don't know where to go from here because I love widescreen displays for normal desktop usage and games. Any ideas on a good one I should try?
Off the top of my head the only one I can think of is the HP F2304 as I recall it being praised by Maximum PC last year though I really have no idea how great of a performer it is with games.
Any recommendations on a good widescreen would be much appreciated. A LCD TV would be kinda nice for the HDCP, but the few I looked at had a really low native rez.