• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

widescreen KVM?

sharkdiver420

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 27, 2002
Messages
449
Hey all,
I have a KVM anolog 4 port and was thinking about getting a widescreen lcd and was wondering if I will have a problem with my switch not processing widescreen format?

Also since im here,I dont watch movies on my PC but play games like BF2.Do I really need widescreen?

Oh and does everything thats NOT in widescreen format just spread out to fit the screen,I guess what I mean is do the pictures and everything look like its streched from side to side?

Sorry for all the guestions but Ive been reading for Hrs. and have not seen these guestions.

Thanks,Shark
 
you'd probably need a KVM that handles DVI (digital).

Unless u intend to run an LCD in vga mode..which isn't a great idea
 
Well here is what I was thinking.I can run in vga on 2 of my cpus and my gaming rig I could run it DVI directly to the lcd and just switch the LCD from gaming rig to vga (KVM).Altough for my everyday rig things may not look so good.Hmmm

Oh and those damn DVI KVMs are almost $200....Geeez
 
Back
Top