FuriaRi0T

n00b
Hey Hardforumers -- I need your opinion/help:

I'm kind of a peripheral nut - but ever since the Logitec G9 and G9x were discontinued I haven't been able to find a mouse that was comfortable for me. I have large hands, and loved the extra width the old G9 gave. I personally can't stand the MMO style mice with the 15 buttons on the side. They're too cluttered and the buttons get in the way -- which also hampers choices considering most of the 'wide' mice have this 'feature'.

I'm currently using a Logitech G502 and it performs admirably, but it feels way too narrow to me. What made me settle on it was the sensor and the weight kit.

I've tried Corsair mice, I've tried Razer Mice (I can't stand the feel of them -- at all), and I've tried a few of the R.A.T. madcatz series mice... None of them really fit. I even tried a Tesoro mouse once -- it broke rather quick though (Middle mouse button stopped working).

I was hoping someone out there had a similar dilemma and found a solution.

I've been looking hard at the 'James Donkey 007' mouse - it's reviewed pretty well and looks to be over 3.5" wide (which I like). I also like the idea of piecing it together with components to comfortably fit.

I've also looked at the MIONIX NAOS 8200 -- it's over 3" but not as wide as the James Donkey 007.

Any suggestions between the two? Or - any other wide mouse suggestions?

**Edit**
Spelling

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If you're going to try a Naos, go for the 7000 model. It has the well regarded 3310 sensor and its cheaper to boot.

What Corsair mice have you tried?

I moved from a G9 to a Corsair M65 PRO RGB.

It is the closest I have seen to the shape/size of the G9/G9X.

I just checked them side by side and the G9 and the M65 PRO RGB are the same width.

Best Buy still has the M65 PRO RGB on sale for 39.99 on eBay with in-store pickup available
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Corsair-M65...657393?hash=item4b06aeaa71:g:oOkAAOSw9IpXySlz
I've used the Corsair M65 (I actually own one) and I didn't like it at all. The plastic in the back of the mouse not being one solid piece would cut into my hand, making it extremely uncomfortable. After long periods of gaming sessions, I would have a heavy indentation on my palm as well as skin irritation from it.

If you're going to try a Naos, go for the 7000 model. It has the well regarded 3310 sensor and its cheaper to boot.
Thanks for the Suggestion John721. I've decided to give the James Donkey 007 a whirl. If it doesn't work out, I'll probably grab the Naos 7000 and give it a shot.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for the Suggestion John721. I've decided to give the James Donkey 007 a whirl. If it doesn't work out, I'll probably grab the Naos 7000 and give it a shot.

I wonder how that's working out for you? I have similar issue, specifically fatigue in my little finger from the odd grip of my G600 (don't get one) been considering the Naos but never even heard of the Donkey, checking it out now.

I've used the Corsair M65 (I actually own one) and I didn't like it at all. The plastic in the back of the mouse not being one solid piece would cut into my hand, making it extremely uncomfortable. After long periods of gaming sessions, I would have a heavy indentation on my palm as well as skin irritation from it.

Sounds to me like you are for some reason putting WAY too much pressure on your mouse. Other than that I have no idea how in the world that is even happening.

Back