• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Wide angle prime for video

darktiger

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2007
Joined
Apr 10, 2003
Messages
11,819
Okay I am really digging low light wide aperture videos I am getting from my 85mm 1.8. But I need something wide. I am thinking Canon 28mm f/1.8 or Canon 35 f/2. Which of these do you all have and are you happy with them? I especially want to hear from you if you have used them on your 5D Mark II.

I wish they made a 17-105 f/1.8 L with IS.....
 
Remember that as your Focal Length decreases your DOF increases, can be a factor in your decision since you are talking about liking the wide aperture on the 85/1.8 which is around .44ft of DOF.

For example the 28/1.8 is around 4.3ft of DOF wide open and the 35/2 is around 3ft wide open. 35/1.4 is around 2.11ft
 
I hear the 35 f2 is damn good, almost as good as the 85 f1.8 in optical quality.
 
35 1.4 could be a way to go but how about the 24 1.4? I prefer 35mm in general since it's less distortion but 24 could be more useful.

I will be using nikon lenses for video so I'm still testing.
 
I'm still sticking with my 35 f2, but a 24 could be interesting in the perspective.
 
Back
Top