Why your Newegg discount code will not work.

Huskernation

Limp Gawd
I see this a bunch on here when newegg sends out discount codes for certain items over email. Some people get them and some don't. I am 90% sure it depends on if you have made a recent purchase. I notice everytime I order a pc part I will be included in the emails. I recently completed a new build and bought the parts over about a 3 month period. During this time I got every email and now that it's been awhile since the build I see new codes that are not sent to my email but people post on hotdeals. I could be wrong but is sure seems this way and maybe others can confirm. I don't think the amount you spend matters either.

Always have other Newegg accounts floating around. Like a dragnet, your gonna catch a coupon at some point.

And this is the Hot Deals Section, post in Hot Deals discussion.

Always have other Newegg accounts floating around. Like a dragnet, your gonna catch a coupon at some point.

And this is the Hot Deals Section, post in Hot Deals discussion.

Sorry about wrong spot. I don't think multiple accounts would help though when you have to have had a recent purchase.

meh, i stopped using them since they burned me on my last videocard.
and tbh i never got a code from them

If your theory is correct, you would think that the users who didn't buy something over a given period of time would receive the coupons instead of the users who have recently purchased. It's not about thanking your loyal customers, it's about getting the ones who aren't shopping your store back.

*shrug*

If your theory is correct, you would think that the users who didn't buy something over a given period of time would receive the coupons instead of the users who have recently purchased. It's not about thanking your loyal customers, it's about getting the ones who aren't shopping your store back.

*shrug*

I don't know about online but I do know about catalog sales which I would guess correlate somewhat. Coupons and deals go out to people who spend money, not people who do not spend money in the mail order catalog world. They have that list crap down to a science. I spent a few years doing pre-press work for one and a bit of help with data base stuff. They would send deals and specials fliers out to the folks that spend X amount of dollars in Y amount of time because they tended to bite on the sales.

The people that didn't usually spend money didn't spend it during deal times either. Just the way the people behaved, not sure about the psychology of it.

You know what's worse? I got one of the coupon codes $25 off $50 a few months back and Newegg makes the account inaccessible. Then allows me back into the account after the promotion is over. I sent in a complaint and NOTHING. That killed all future business I had with them, and made me anti-Newegg. Amazon and [H] are better places to get parts anyway.

I've been shopping at Newegg for years and IIRC I've never gotten an email with any sort of special code. Always just get the annoying ad emails (which won't stop even after I unsubbed :rolleyes:)

Has anyone else noticed that when using the codes you have to re-log into the site and most of the time it takes f o r e v e r?

Back