Why We’re All Better off Without a Verizon iPhone

I refuse to pay what the market wants just to have similar functionality to my laptop in a mobile platform.
Can't fit a laptop in your pocket. Once you own your first smartphone you'll understand.

That's right. We're all idiots for paying for services we want - especially since many of us get them free or at a steep discount through our employers.

BTW - is that a laptop in your back pocket or just never tried a smartphone?

Why because he is smart enough not to get hosed like all the rest of you guys do with these smartphones and overpriced data plans? I refuse to pay what the market wants just to have similar functionality to my laptop in a mobile platform.
If a laptop fit in my pocket I wouldn't have a smart phone. In the time it takes me to whip out my laptop, wait for it to boot, log on to email, type it, I can send the same email six times on my cell phone. Instant boot, instant email popup, and instant send. Not to mention that I can carry one device that covers my needs for GPS, video,radio, music, gaming, internet, scheduling, phone, email, dictionary, calculator, unit conversions, htpc control, etc,etc. I use the hell out of my phone on a daily basis and a laptop doesn't do all of that well and certainly doesn't do any of it efficiently. My last phone was an iPhone without a data plan and I got by but the functionality this phone gives me from my pants pocket is worth every penny of the $60 a month I pay.

iPhone replacement means anything that can do the same thing, but the DroidX goes one better with the killer App of GoogleNav, iPhone users can't walk around physically and have StreetView sync simultaneously

The real killer app is Flash (Steve Jobs stated that it won't ever be supported) so fancy using 50% less websites!

The two App stores don't link up, so how would developers verify your switch? You can just rebuy them (are any over $15?)

They have Office Apps, and probably some good VNC/RDP apps (just not LogmeIn YET)

The 4" Fascinate may have crappy GPS, but the fully-functional DroidX's 4.3" screen is bigger, and according to the Samsung roadmap the GalaxyS2 will blow away the current iPhone4 resolution advantage with a 4.3" 720p SAMOLED DISPLAY!! I am sure they will have fixed the GPS by then :)

I kinda wish Verizon would get the iPhone because I know half the people on AT&T would switch over leaving super fast internet for the holdouts!

To be perfectly honest, everywhere I go I always have 3-5 bars with AT&T. It has NEVER dropped calls, and the only place I couldn't get it to work was at a hotel that I swear was located in a black hole, as my iPhone, my parents Sprint phones, and my sister's Verizon all had 5 bars, but no service.

If a laptop fit in my pocket I wouldn't have a smart phone. In the time it takes me to whip out my laptop, wait for it to boot, log on to email, type it, I can send the same email six times on my cell phone. Instant boot, instant email popup, and instant send. Not to mention that I can carry one device that covers my needs for GPS, video,radio, music, gaming, internet, scheduling, phone, email, dictionary, calculator, unit conversions, htpc control, etc,etc. I use the hell out of my phone on a daily basis and a laptop doesn't do all of that well and certainly doesn't do any of it efficiently. My last phone was an iPhone without a data plan and I got by but the functionality this phone gives me from my pants pocket is worth every penny of the $60 a month I pay.

truth....who the hell carries a laptop around with them everywhere?

OMG 200,000 preordered iPhone4's (40-50k actually sold) in China thats almost 0.015 percent of Chinese people each one was sold to a Chinese citizen. Apple has conquered the Asian market.

To be perfectly honest, everywhere I go I always have 3-5 bars with AT&T.

3-5 Bars by AT&T specs or the 3-5 special Apple bars where they just add on 2 bars to make it look better, in other words 1-3 bars?

I know that is just freaking crazy, its not like people use them in the field to do actual fucking work.
I carry my laptop everywhere with me and unless I'm typing out documents my cell phone is still more useful and efficient.

3-5 Bars by AT&T specs or the 3-5 special Apple bars where they just add on 2 bars to make it look better, in other words 1-3 bars?
If he's running 4.0.1 or later, he gets the AT&T-spec bars.

I know that is just freaking crazy, its not like people use them in the field to do actual fucking work.

So do you not have a social life? Do you ever take trips without your work laptop? Personally, I don't have a work laptop, and I'll never let them give me one. For one, laptops aren't as powerful as desktops (I run FEA and CFD simulations, I need as much power as I can get). For another, I don't work while I'm at home, and I don't do home stuff at work. If I got a laptop, I'd be working while on my off time and it's not something I'm going to do.

Back