• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Why the crash asked the fly...

Screwz Luse

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 31, 2001
Messages
460
Well, I recently got a ATI Radeon 9800 AIW video card. I installed the drivers on the CD and then upgraded to the newest Cats off ATI's website. Well, for some reason, when I open the TV tuner program that comes with the card (or drivers), my computer crashes. A quick flash of sound from the tv program and then the computer restarts. I'm not sure what the problem could be. Last night, I was able to see the picture but today it's crashing my computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated:


SPECS
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2000+
MOB: Asus A7N8X Deluxe
RAM: 512MB PC2100

BTW: I just installed the card last night
 
by upgrade you mean uninstalled the old ones, restarted, canceled the windows install and then installed the new one right?
 
By upgrade, I mean installed the old, restarted, played around with it for a few, decided to get the newest cats, installed, restarted.
 
Driver Cleaner .. It's always a good idea to do this, helps minimize the chances that an errant dead reg entry or undeleted file sticks around after an uninstall.
 
Back
Top