why so many open box X370 Ryzen AMD boards on Newegg?

_l_

[H]ard|Gawd
was going ot build an Intel PC but the high CPU temps when OC'ing problem I've been reading about (90C+) has me considering a Ryzen build (Ryzen 5 1600X ?) so I went to Newegg and looked at X370 boards ... wow, they sure have a ton of open box X370 boards (11 out of 33 boards on page one were open box)

Anyone know why so many would return these high end Ryzen boards? Should I go Intel instead and what Intel CPU? Currently running FX-6300 OC'ed to 4.5GHz what would be a worthwhile upgrade (either Ryzen or Intel)?

Last edited:
was going ot build an Intel PC but the high CPU temps when OC'ing problem I've been reading about (90C+) has me considering a Ryzen build (Ryzen 5 1600X ?) so I went to Newegg and looked at X370 boards ... wow, they sure have a ton of open box X370 boards (11 out of 33 boards on page one were open box)

Anyone know why so many would return these high end Ryzen boards? Should I go Intel instead and what Intel CPU? Currently running FX-6300 OC'ed to 4.5GHz what would be a worthwhile upgrade (either Ryzen or Intel)?
Could they be returns from the Vega bundles?

Eh..prolly a lot of guys experimenting with a new much-hyped platform and deciding it ain't for them.

They could not get RAM to work above 2133MHz levels. I would bet big on that explanation.
Damn shame no review ever mentioned this....

If you ever buy a Ryzen setup be sure you browse the memory QVL . That can make or break your system where you would not have to do any hard work configuring it and no XMP does not have the tendency to work "flawless" on X370/B350 motherboards. Only 2 vendors sell Ryzen "certified" memory Corsair and G.Skill those are the only 2 you should be able to get working on any motherboard.

Back