Why so many Corsair Hydro AIO coolers on the market? Which one to go with?

DTN107

Supreme [H]ardness
So its been a while since I been in the market for an AIO system. Last time around I was in it, Corsair only had just released the H80 an H100 years ago.

I see there is an H55, H60, H70, H80i, H90, H100i, and so on that are available now.

I have no idea which one to go with. Heck... why did they re-release the H50 again?

I don't quite understand why Corsair needs to release so many models and keep them in the market?

You would think the H50, H55, and H60 would be too much of an overlap in performance and price to keep all three in the market.

Why keep making both H80i v2 and H90 for the higher performance single rad AIO?

Well enough rant... my friend has an Intel i5-4670K and wants to swap out the stock cooler for one of those Corsair AIO unit. He wants to do some overclocking but nothing too extreme.

I am leaning towards the lower cost H50-H60. Is the re-release H50 better than the H60?

Because AIO is all-the-rage right now, and people are dropping twice the cost of a Hyper 212 for "non-extreme overclock." Even though that's the very DEFINITION of the hyper 212.

Here are some competitors to the 212 that could be even cheaper, and perform the same or better:

Alternatives to the Hyper 212+/Evo for budget cooling - Overclocking

It's the same cooling performance and materials cost for the manufacturer, but people are paying twice the price, even though most people have plenty of room in their cases for a thin tower on the CPU socket. You know I'd get into that action with way too many products too :D

Last edited:
I guess I should of mention he has a small microATX case that won't accommodate most high performance air coolers.

LMFAO...NONE OF THEM are Corsair's.

Even "corsair's hydro cooler" is just an OEM made one with "BRAND X" slapped on it, just like all the rest.

I guess I should of mention he has a small microATX case that won't accommodate most high performance air coolers.

You know, if you tell us the model of the case, maybe we can help you decide that. You'd be amazed how big some of these "microATX" cases are.

My mistake... mini-ITX.

SilverStone Sugo Series SG05BB-LITE

Hes pretty adamant about going the AIO route reason why I didn't think I need to dig into any other alternatives or mention his case.

Rather I made this thread to fast track into Corsair's AIO systems but instead it seems like I might have opened a can of worms.

LMFAO...NONE OF THEM are Corsair's.

Even "corsair's hydro cooler" is just an OEM made one with "BRAND X" slapped on it, just like all the rest.

That would make sense. Coolermaster and some other brands all look too similar with each other.

Last edited:
I took a look at that case and cooling/space is going to be VERY limited. I would say the best match will be a h60 with an upgraded fan and then figure out a way to pull air out of the case. it doesn't have any exhaust fan spots so you will have to try and mount an exhaust fan on the top or right side. otherwise it strictly relies on the vent holes and I don't think airflow will be good enough to prevent heat soaking.

ps: defaultuser, yes you are right, these corsairs and most like them are made by asetek(sp?!).

I've been looking at the Enermax Liqmax II 240. From what I've seen, it's Enermax and not just a rebrand. I'm curious if and how much better it'll be than my Noctua NH-U12S. Not to mention it's a good bit cheaper than a lot of the other aio's.

Back