Why PC games?

Originally posted by uB3rn00b3r
I am thinking of trying a flight sim. Never really tried one before. Any suggestions?

There is only one game you should try. Just a warning it´s bloody addictive and when you can defeat the AI you may feel like you are the Superman impersonated but when going on-line prepare to get owned buy those IL 2 vets like you never have been knowned before.

Not only because their skill and such but no game puts more demand on your controls and gadgets then IL 2 :D

But you don´t need to go on-line with it. I played it for 100:s of hours off-line before first going on-line. But the adrenaline rush in some of those on-line dog fights are more intense than any fps deathmatch really. Since those fights can lasts for minutes and not always end up with a kill. Either you get out of ammo or your opponent get back to base or another one get on your tail :D

But it´s hugely rewarding and are both very appealing for the newbie and hardcore flight simmer.

IL 2 Forgotten Battle can be had for 10 $ these days and it´s still a beauty. Don´t look old at all.

However don´t think about playing it without a joystick. Get some cheap EVO if you don´t have one.
 
Originally posted by Mr_Evil
oqvist: Totally agree with your assessment there. The cheapest HD Big Screen I found at work (Best Buy) was $1999 and I was the one who sent it to service before it got marked down to that price. It had been damaged by the delivery team at some point. Cheapest HD set I've seen period is $999 for a good one. Negating the "Consoles are cheaper" Argument.

The price of the tv setup is true, but I know hardly anyone who buys a new HD setup just to play games on it, most people buy it for HDTV, DVD's or just upping the qualitly of thier home theater system all around, having a console support it is just a plus. and not only that, but how often do you upgrade your tv? I had the same one for around 15 years then I upgraded to a Vega which ive had for around 5 and dont plan on getting anything better for some time, same as your monitor, its usually a few times in a lifetime purchase, so including a new HDTV setup or even a new tv with the price of the console dosent make too much sense, you wouldnt include the price of a new monitor everytime you upgrae your system for gaming would you? After all my old tv lasted 4 generations of consoles before I upgraded mostly for tv and dvd purposes.
 
Originally posted by Bobsaysthis
The price of the tv setup is true, but I know hardly anyone who buys a new HD setup just to play games on it, most people buy it for HDTV, DVD's or just upping the qualitly of thier home theater system all around, having a console support it is just a plus. and not only that, but how often do you upgrade your tv? I had the same one for around 15 years then I upgraded to a Vega which ive had for around 5 and dont plan on getting anything better for some time, same as your monitor, its usually a few times in a lifetime purchase, so including a new HDTV setup or even a new tv with the price of the console dosent make too much sense, you wouldnt include the price of a new monitor everytime you upgrae your system for gaming would you? After all my old tv lasted 4 generations of consoles before I upgraded mostly for tv and dvd purposes.

No but how many young gamers do you think can afford 2000$ monitors? You can have 6-8 high quality 21" monitors for that amount of money that will last at least as long as that HDTV setup which I doubt will hold 15 years anyway.

I rather get a 50" Plasma screen for 5000$ if money is no subject.
 
Originally posted by oqvist
No but how many young gamers do you think can afford 2000$ monitors? You can have 6-8 high quality 21" monitors for that amount of money that will last at least as long as that HDTV setup which I doubt will hold 15 years anyway.

I rather get a 50" Plasma screen for 5000$ if money is no subject.

I wasnt really saying money wasnt an issue, it seemed like you guys were saying that consoles are alot more expensive due to the cost of HDTV's, but not everyone buys HDTV's everytime they buy consoles, or buys them period. Same as you dont buy a new monitor everytime you upgrade your computer. All in all, though I love both platforms very much, consoles are usually slightly cheaper to deal with than gaming pc's.
 
I am defiantly going to try IL 2 though I only have 56k as of now. Hopefully dsl will come soon because sprint has said they are working on my area. It should be a crime not to have broadband not installed in every place in the nation. Koreas has it.

I swear to god we are turning into a third world country here...
 
Back
Top