Why NoScript 10 is the new Ad Muncher 5

ng4ever

2[H]4U
I have this strange feeling the addon developer will keep saying NoScript 10 is coming but keep pushing back the release day. :(

I have been trying this new version on and off for a few days now and it is a dam mess.
I can't figure out how to make permissions permanent without making everything allowed.
The GUI has poor information on what does what, the options page is sparse.
The green lock / red lock doesn't do what you would think it does.
You can give temporary permissions to allow but once you close the browser all that is lost.
I have found only a couple of forums that talked about it but I couldn't get NS to function like it used too.
I hope the dev can get this sorted soon.

I have been trying this new version on and off for a few days now and it is a dam mess.
I can't figure out how to make permissions permanent without making everything allowed.

You click the Trusted icon next to the URL you want to allow.

You click the Trusted icon next to the URL you want to allow.

That doesn't make them permanent though, as I have done that on this website and after closing my browser and re-opening, I have to allow them again.

That doesn't make them permanent though, as I have done that on this website and after closing my browser and re-opening, I have to allow them again.

Makes them permanent for me. I just checked hardforum and it shows as trusted from when I set it a week or so ago.

Try setting up a new permission on a site that you haven't previously allowed and see if that sticks.
I am curious if it will work and stay allowed from closing then opening your browser.

Looks like there was an update yesterday.
Tried it again and now I can set permissions permanently.
After you click the trusted button you need to click on the clock within that to set it to trust permanently.

Back