Limp Gawd
my MB idle is 48-49 and my brother MB idle 36-37
both same case -Thermaltake Shark
both same AMD 4400+
both same Geforce 7900GTX
both same windows xp same drivers
both same setting in the bios
iam useing corsair PC3200C2 and he useing corsair PC3500pro

do you think my ram cusing the heat problem ?
:(

A shot in the dark but another thread mentions a thin removable film protector on the two chipset heatsinks and should be removed. It's only there to protect the emblems. :p My two A8N32s didn't have them but others reported remvoing them dropped the temps down a tad. Check to see if your mobo chipset HS's might have the thin clear protection film.

Super KW said:
my MB idle is 48-49 and my brother MB idle 36-37
both same case -Thermaltake Shark
both same AMD 4400+
both same Geforce 7900GTX
both same windows xp same drivers
both same setting in the bios
iam useing corsair PC3200C2 and he useing corsair PC3500pro

do you think my ram cusing the heat problem ?
:(

well I noticed a Idle Temperature differance pending on how warm my room is. Like since november or so, i noticed when my room heats up in the afternoon from the sun becasue my window faces the sun when it sets and i noticed my prossor go up a couple of degrees. And also Im told dust in heat sinks = bad.

ReelMcCoy said:
A shot in the dark but another thread mentions a thin removable film protector on the two chipset heatsinks and should be removed. It's only there to protect the emblems. :p My two A8N32s didn't have them but others reported remvoing them dropped the temps down a tad. Check to see if your mobo chipset HS's might have the thin clear protection film.

how can i remove them ?

thanks i will try when get back home, but i dont need to remove the mobo or the heatsinks to reach the protector wright ??

let me know how that goes, I have a feeling that the thermal sensor is doing that whole heatpipe so high temps are unavoidable, my mb temp always seems to be within 2 C of my CPU (at idle) (46C vs 48C)

If it works maybe i'll have to check on those little stickers :p

Super KW said:
thanks i will try when get back home, but i dont need to remove the mobo or the heatsinks to reach the protector wright ??

nope.. ;)

not sure if the stickers themselves will do a whole lotta good.
the actual metal top with the asus logo comes off. i will be doing this hopefully by the weekend and put as5 on the heatpipe.
i'll post results and pics when im done
8)

problem fixed :D
i remove the heatsink and apply AS5 now my temp is 40-41 idle :D

Thank you all guys for the help

Back