• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Why is the Vp930b so expensive

falcon26

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 21, 2005
Messages
128
I was wondering why the viewsonic vp930b is like $200 more than most 19 inch lcd's in its class? I mean samsung, nec, dell almost all other lcd's with the same specs are about $200 less. What does the viewsonic vp930b have that the others don't? If other Lcd's with fastest response times are less money.
 
I think it is because the other monitors you are looking at may be 6 bit panels and the VP930B is an 8 bit panel.
 
Oh I forgot that :) Is their that big a difference is color for a 6 bit vs. an 8 bit?
 
Not sure someone else will have to answer that. I have gamed on a CRT (of course) and a 6 bit panel. I am going to purchase an 8 bit panel in the coming month, I was looking at VP930b but I am starting to lean towards Samsung 970p.
The 6 bit panel I tried was nice. It claimed to have 6ms. I thought the color looked good. Until I buy and receive my new monitor I couldn't tell you if the differance between 6 and 8 bit is noticable or not. I imagine someone here has used both panels and could offer advice.
 
I notice that the 930 has increase in price within a short period of time...about 30-50.
 
Yeah its funny yesterday at zipzoomfly it was $439 not today its $469 :-( I was going to get it, but heck you can get the Dell 2005 fpw cheaper....
 
Back
Top