why is the forum so unstable today?

Solar flares - plus the moon is in a waning phase.

But seriously, have noticed instability today also. Haven't a clue as to the true explanation.
Perhaps they were performing some maintenance.

Because 100% uptime is impossible on a forum with 50,000 users of which 1000s are often active at any given time.

Seriously, the load on these servers is huge and we should be thankful they are as reliable as they are.

geckoman said:
Do we need to give donations again to help with a server upgrade?

Subscribe to GenMay and you might find the answer within..... :eek: :D :p

a day of unstableness is fine with me... takes me away from this place for awhile (ie need a life other than Hardforum ;) ). this is a great place, the stablility here is excellent. not too out of the ordinary to expect some hiccup once in awhile

just sent my 5 bucks/.
Edit: wonder how they know its me as my paypal and {H} email accts are diff

Asian Dub Foundation said:
a day of unstableness is fine with me... takes me away from this place for awhile (ie need a life other than Hardforum ;) ). this is a great place, the stablility here is excellent. not too out of the ordinary to expect some hiccup once in awhile

ya but what about us people with no lives :p ive been bored all day

Earlier, I wasn't able to post or search for my username. Kinda scary, like I got b7'd or something.

Yeah I was trying to view my PM's and search for some HSF lapping info >_< glad I did a good job on my lap I would've been screwed.

where is the thread about donating to the forums? i remember last time there was a big crash on this forum for a day or so. there was talk of rebuilding the database. has that happened yet?

I remember a year or two ago, where the site owner/administrator asked for donations to assist with upkeep ... back then I donated some $$$ because (at the time) I was on [H] a LOT. Lately I haven't been on as much until yesterday, when I needed to get some assistance regarding my video card...

This is probably the ONLY site I come to when I need help with computer stuff, because I know that 85-95% of the people here really know what they're talking about... but the only times I come here are when I get into a new geek-out phase (like I'm in now with BF2) ...

If someone can post a link for how to donate, I'd be more than happy to kick down again. The help I get here is well worth kicking in some duckets. :)

Schro said:
Subscribe to GenMay and you might find the answer within..... :eek: :D :p

I'm in GenMay, but I don't see the answer. The Three Word Story went nuts and took down the server?

mikeblas said:
I'm in GenMay, but I don't see the answer. The Three Word Story went nuts and took down the server?

Notice the gratuitous use of the word "might".

Schro said:
Notice the gratuitous use of the word "might".

Indeed, the use of "might" in your first post was apparently unwarranted. Given that, what was the point of your post?

mikeblas said:
Indeed, the use of "might" in your first post was apparently unwarranted. Given that, what was the point of your post?

1. Increase interest in GenMay.
2. Note that the answer might appear there, as it did last week when the DB Server was moved.

Back