• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Why is the e4500 cheaper than the e4400?

Joined
Feb 2, 2007
Messages
932
I can't figure it out, but it seems $10-$20 cheaper on most sites. They look identical apart from the higher multi and, from what I've read, the e4500 is a better overclocker. What gives?
 
I noticed the same thing when I was shopping for a new cpu. I ended up getting an e2160 and have it running at 3ghz.

I'm guessing the e4400 is either not made anymore or not in a large supply or something. Maybe intel figured it was easier and cheaper for them to just pump out e4500 class chips instead.
 
well i donno why the prices are like that. And i think that e4400's have a better overclocking chance than e4500. I can get mine to 3.6Ghz i just cant cool it.
 
Back
Top