why is that ps3 cost 600 and blu ray players cost 700+

The PS3 bluray drive isn't nearly as good as a dedicated player.

Also, Sony looses like $300 on each PS3 sold.

Yea, the blu ray player you get the Ps3 loads slower than if you just bought a standalone player. And also because both Sony loses a ton of money on each ps3 and but also they can get it cheaper than what we would buy it for

if they're losing a TON on ps3s then why make them in the first place? I heard that xbox 360 loses a 100 bucks on every xbox sold but look where they're making their money back on stupid ass crap like a wireless adpater for 99.99!!!!! WTF?@!$!@#%

If Microsoft would only integrate 2 other things I would have been set to purchase a 360. Since MS decided to add in an HDMI port to support digital audio and video why not integrate the HD player and an onboard wireless adapter? The system starts at 399.99 for the premium console, on top of 199.99 for the HD-Player and 99.99 for a wireless adapter for a total of $700!

Excuse my language but a F**KING Nintendo DS has an onboard wireless adapter on it and it only cost 129.99!!!! How the hell is Microsoft getting away with selling just a wireless adapter for 99.99? Have any of you thought about this? If I came up to any of you on the streets and said, "in my left hand is a wireless adapter that cost 99.99 dollars and in my right hand I have a Nintendo DS with wireless for 129.99" which one would seem like a better buy??? As a computer enthusiast I know what the cost of a wireless adapter should be and they definitely shouldn't be selling at 99.99 a pop. It's a typical wifi adapter just like the ones we use on our computer. If I had more time on my hands I'd find out what chipset those Microtards are using and find out which driver is pre-installed onto the Xbox and cut my own corners.

Seriously, how badass would it be to have an Xbox that had a built in HD player on top of a wireless adapter?

The 360 wireless adapter is a ripoff,considering how cheap usb adapters for PC's are.Naturally,none of them will work on a 360.
Companies have always taken a loss on game consoles,their thinking being they can make a profit selling games and accessories.Sony's problem is you can't sell people games if they aren't buying the console!

well then sony should have lowered the cost of the consoles and made more profit on the accesories and games. it makes sense

Well as of yet, the PS3 doesn't have any exclusive killer-app games out yet.
So without quality games, there's nothing to warrant any profit, which leads to only a few amount of systems sold.

Losing too much money per system due to lowering the price even further will not be wise in a business sense. Until they figure out a way to lower their production costs.

Until then, all they can hope for is to get those exclusive A list games out to make it a must-have system - where people wont mind breaking their wallet for.

Back