Why is NV playing unfair with GTX280?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyte

n00b
If you look at the GTX280, its chip is bigger than TWO 4870's!!. Why does NV have to play unfair in this round and make such a monstrous chip to compete with a single 4870?

I don't get it, you should always balance out technological playing fields for fair competition. You shouldn't be able to brute force this by just making a huge ass chip (which is basically 2 and a half 4870's) just to beat a single 4870.

I think NV would be more fair if they split their GTX280 in half and sold it like that.

I think the majority here would agree with me.

Careful, I saw men in white suits looking for you...

Oh shoot, you better tell Chevrolet to make slower Corvettes to compete with the Ford Taurus... you know... to be fair.

A GTX280 costs quite a bit more than the 4870 so it's not like they're competing at the same price point; you pay more, you get more.

What the fuck are you trying to say????

Nobody made nvidia and ATI part of the GirlScouts........there ain't no "fair" in this business.:eek:

Each side does what they need to do to compete.;)

i dunno i kinda laughed at this post for it's simplism, which amazingly either i am totally misreading or the majority of you are...i think he's poking fun at some of the nvidia corner saying it's not fair ATI's using 2 GPU's...

If you look at the GTX280, its chip is bigger than TWO 4870's!!. Why does NV have to play unfair in this round and make such a monstrous chip to compete with a single 4870?

I don't get it, you should always balance out technological playing fields for fair competition. You shouldn't be able to brute force this by just making a huge ass chip (which is basically 2 and a half 4870's) just to beat a single 4870.

I think NV would be more fair if they split their GTX280 in half and sold it like that.

coding-on-crack.jpg

Monolithic chip designer say whaaaat?

(Yes, I have been watching Hannah Montana. I am so sorry.)

I think you should start using your brain.

I don't get how it's stupid. It makes perfect sense. NV had to create a chip twice the size/complexity of AMD just to beat it. That shows how unfair it is.

I don't get how it's stupid. It makes perfect sense. NV had to create a chip twice the size/complexity of AMD just to beat it. That shows how unfair it is.

Are you puffing straight up crack or are you speed-balling with heroin?

It only makes sense if you eat peyotes for breakfast.

Okay you have to be joking around. To you sir I say (if you are just joking) your joke is pretty funny.

He's attempting to get people fired up. A similar if not exact wording thread was started awhile back. The OP claimed it was in response to those claiming a multi-chip single card was unfair against a single chip card. Very juvenile.

It all boils down to performance. If it's there who cares how it's done.

Ok son, daddy said that you cannot play with his computer when he is away. Now go back to your room.

littleman1.jpg

The last one had people attempting to explain how adults think and it got pretty heated. :D

LOL at the questions , seriusly did you get hit on the head with that Large monstrous GPU ?

I don't get how this is flamebait. I'm voicing my opinion on this serious matter.

Much like how the NVIDIOTs are voicing their opinion on the matter of ATI playing unfairly by making 2 GPU's to beat GTX280, I make my opinion on the reverse.

If I get banned, almost all of you have to get banned with me. Agree? Or did I just wtf-own all of you with my reverse logic?

From his other post

nyte said:
You obviously missed my post where I'm making fun of the douches for dissing ATI for "resorting to 2 GPU's to beat NV".

This whole thread is an attack on those NVidiots. I have to spread the word that those idiots are making really stupid statements as I have represented here in their favor to ridicule them.

Bad troll is bad.

Still a stupid ass post, and he keeps doing it over and over...

It's a democratic society, if NVIDIOTs can say it takes 2 gpu's to beat 1, I can say it takes a bigger gpu to beat a smaller one.

Irony for the win.

There is no such thing as fair in this business, only different strategies, so NV can make their products however they feel is needed to compete. As such, I do not agree with OP's assertion.

With that said, one of the most common measures of efficiency is performance/mm^2 die space. Die space is expensive, and it's in a manufacturer's best interest to maximize performance/mm^2. On the flip side of things, a few people have said the 4870 X2 is 'unfair' as it uses two GPU cores, which also does not stand. Each company develop products based on how they think it will compete and follow their own strategy. Anything is fair game here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back