why is no one posting about the 2407 for 645?

PYROTAK said:
Im not getting defensive! I really would appreciate it if someone could definitively tell me if the component works!

So far Ive seen some people says it doesn't work and some people says it works!

So whats the verdict? (I am going to be using it for my xbox360)

Nobody said you were getting defensive. You tend to see what you want to see I guess.

Later

I got my 2407 last friday, no dead pixels, very slight banding if I fire up gradiants in PS. Seeing as I am not some diehard MustFindAFaultWithAnyComputerProduct, and considering this cost $765+tax canadian, I consider it a steal of a buy.

My movie watching, gaming and website use so far has yielded no 'real world' banding difficulties. I don't have a console or tv tuner to use on a computer moniter, so I could care less about the composite handling. I use my computer moniter to game, movie watch and surf on my computer system, not my xbox nor my cable box.

If you can't stand it, don't buy this moniter and go get an lcd tv, or just make your own [I hate the 2407] thread and stay there.

Hardcore said:
Pyrotak,

What makes me laugh is you come here trashing this monitor for banding even after we continuously tell you it does not exist in practical use. Why would I care if you buy this monitor? I'm sure 99% of the people on this forum do not need to give you false information to make themselves feel better about their purchase. We could all send our monitors back to dell if we didn't like them or felt we got hosed.

You seem to be prodding people into getting defensive and that may be why you have gotten some of the comments.

Anyways, enjoy your hunt for your monitor. I had fun searching for mine and it is indeed a chore going through all the information available. Hope you find what your looking for.

Sorry, but it is visable in "practical use" Its very obvious, you can see it very clearly as soon as you get into windows. If you can ignore this problem then good for you but don't make it out to be a minor problem people arent going to notice because its not and they will.

Some people claim there 2407's don't have banding and to be honest I don't believe any of them. Their probably using VGA mode or have been using crappy 6bit LCD's and think what there seing is normal. :eek:

DarkStryke, if I was buying now I wouldnt touch the dell but I bought it pretty much after release when dell claimed the problem was fixed which it blatantly isnt. I've still got 3 A02's boxed waiting for dell to take them away.

Shocky said:
Sorry, but it is visable in "practical use" Its very obvious, you can see it very clearly as soon as you get into windows. If you can ignore this problem then good for you but don't make it out to be a minor problem people arent going to notice because its not and they will.

Some people claim there 2407's don't have banding and to be honest I don't believe any of them. Their probably using VGA mode or have been using crappy 6bit LCD's and think what there seing is normal. :eek:

DarkStryke, if I was buying now I wouldnt touch the dell but I bought it pretty much after release when dell claimed the problem was fixed which it blatantly isnt. I've still got 3 A02's boxed waiting for dell to take them away.

Okay fair enough. I won't say banding isn't very noticeable anymore. In fact, I'll just leave this subject alone because there is plenty of information out there for people to make informed decisions without me blabbing away.

Shocky said:

Oh, look, it's this guy again. :rolleyes: Ever try turning off ACC?

No?

Figures.

Please, just get your refund and stop your friggin' whining already.

Daggah said:
I just SAID it works...why do you keep insisting that it doesn't? From day one, no one has said it was broken. They said that the image quality sucked on it. I turned ACC off and didn't notice image quality problems.

Ok care to post a picture I would really appreciate it! So with the new firmware/whatever patch they did to it A02 component works and doesn't have HORRIBLE picture quality?

Im not asking for GOD here im just asking for something with at least AVERAGE picture quality on component.

And stop it with the fucking comments about it being a computer monitor already. I already told you I just want to know if it can double as a component input! If it can't it can't simple as that! And then I will have to reevaluate the whole computer LCD and not wanting to buy a LCD HDTV decision.

Stop trying to make decisions for me. I just want facts and hopefully some picture evidence to back it up! Pictures are worth a 1000 words people!

It seems that some people are saying the Dells are fixed, while others claim banding is still a problem for them. ACC seems to be a large factor in this issue.

Then there are the Samsungs that have a smooth picture, but some people claim mouse lag is a problem for them. The video card in use seems to be a large factor in this issue.

Although from what I have read, both of these are not practical issues for many people, for others they are. In short, your mileage may vary. It is up to you to make your decision and pick your poison. There is really no need to ramrod others for the decision they have made. Consider what matters most to you, and try to put it into perspective. I did. My Samsung 244T should be here tomorrow. It was $857.59 shipped FedEx 2nd Day air. ;)

I don't mean to ramrod anyone. I just want to see some pictures! Everyone always says one thing or another and always without fail never post pictures!

I can't make any decisions without pictures!

If the component works, I am probably willing to overlook the banding....otherwise im probably going to get the benq monitor...the NEC one is rumored to be 1450 and thats way too expensive. Might as well just get a freakin dell 30 inch instead!

I didn't mean to imply you specifically. I was speaking in general with that comment. I can certainly understand your desire for pictures. "Proof" is always a good thing.

As far as prices go, do sweat it too much. Prices will come down. Many people here like to buy the biggest baddest bleeding edge stuff when it first comes out. More power to you if that is your thing. Personally, I buy things once prices have come down and try to get the biggest bang for my buck. I certainly wasn't going to pay $1600 for my Samsung 244T. I can wait. :)

Another prime example is that I like to buy the mid-range video cards. Oh what is that? My mid-range $200 card is as fast as last generation's the top of the line card you paid $800 for 6 months ago? :) So then you go out and get another $800 card. That's OK, I will wait another 6 months and get the next generation mid-range card for $200 that will be just as fast. :) hehe Basically, what I am saying is that it doesn't hurt my feelings to buy a mid-range card and risk being a few frames slower than the guy with the newest super-duper XFGTXBFG mofo video card. I also don't mind waiting for prices to drop either. My money sure goes a lot further that way.

In a couple of years, I might try out that upcoming BenQ when I get around to upgrading to Vista. Then maybe Blu-Ray drives might actually be reasonable and I can pick up a one terabyte HDD for $150. For now, the 244T will work for me. :)

ExtremeTech is saying on later versions that banding does not occur in desktop mode. And they provide an explanation as to what the problem was. But you should see their website and other sources to investigate this.

PYROTAK said:
Ok care to post a picture I would really appreciate it! So with the new firmware/whatever patch they did to it A02 component works and doesn't have HORRIBLE picture quality?

Im not asking for GOD here im just asking for something with at least AVERAGE picture quality on component.

And stop it with the fucking comments about it being a computer monitor already. I already told you I just want to know if it can double as a component input! If it can't it can't simple as that! And then I will have to reevaluate the whole computer LCD and not wanting to buy a LCD HDTV decision.

Stop trying to make decisions for me. I just want facts and hopefully some picture evidence to back it up! Pictures are worth a 1000 words people!

In this case, IMO, pictures are worthless...besides, it wasn't my X360. I'm not going to go asking my friend to unhook his entire setup and loan me his Xbox360 just so I can take a few pictures that will be affected by my camera and by other people's monitors.

My opinion (I just got the panel yesterday):

360 looks phenomenal on the VGA input. Tried the component input, not quite as good, but with some fiddling of the settings, it looks comparable to VGA. Does not look BAD by any means.

Hooked up the PS2 on component, and its looks crappy on 480i resolutions (not exactly the panel's fault, 480i on any panel sucks). 480p games look very nice, probably even better with some more fiddling with the settings.

Dunno why everyone's saying component looks so bad, component signals by their nature are still analog and will never look as good as a dvi or even a vga signal since there's A/D conversion going on in the background

wangoflove said:
My opinion (I just got the panel yesterday):

360 looks phenomenal on the VGA input. Tried the component input, not quite as good, but with some fiddling of the settings, it looks comparable to VGA. Does not look BAD by any means.

Hooked up the PS2 on component, and its looks crappy on 480i resolutions (not exactly the panel's fault, 480i on any panel sucks). 480p games look very nice, probably even better with some more fiddling with the settings.

Dunno why everyone's saying component looks so bad, component signals by their nature are still analog and will never look as good as a dvi or even a vga signal since there's A/D conversion going on in the background

OK - thanks for the report. That doesn't sound as bad if it just takes some tweaking of settings to get it looking better.

I got it yesterday, and yeah if I get all anal about it, banding is there. But who cares? I'm in Photoshop/LightWave and Maya 16~18 hours a day and it doens't even bother me.

How often do you have a smooth gradient from 0~1 (or 0~256) on your screen?

It's a sweet monitor for an even sweeter price.

hey is there any banding when you have the 360 hooked up?

I mean obviously there aren't any 1-256 gradients....but if its not noticable at all then I don't really care that it exists!

Lamont said:
I'll set it up tonight. Usually I game on the LCD TV.

same with me but it would give me peace of mind if I had the option of doing it on the 2407 also :D in case someone else is using said tv

I played Tomb Raider and Condemed on it and it looks sweet (VGA cables). I didn't have any issues at all and I didn't get all sick like I used to with the older LCD's. No banding that I can see.

And it doesn't get image retention like my 2005FPW did (took like 3~5 minutes!!)

With the 360 on VGA, I THINK i'm seeing banding on different menu screens and what not. For example, PGR3's shiny black menu "bubble" windows. But when I inspect real closely, I can't make it out. I'll have to take pictures this weekend.

So far, when gaming, I have not noticed any banding.

Daggah said:
Oh, look, it's this guy again. :rolleyes: Ever try turning off ACC?

No?

Figures.

Please, just get your refund and stop your friggin' whining already.

Do you actually have this monitor or read my replys? If you did you wouldnt post crap like this.

Shocky said:
Do you actually have this monitor or read my replys? If you did you wouldnt post crap like this.

Excuse me, Mr. Troll, but I've had my 2407WFP for several weeks now. Before I figured out that you're only here to bash Dell and whine, I was responding to quite a few of your posts. You're not interested in real discussion; if anyone disagrees with you, you just insult them or insist that they're blind. Give me a fuckin' break already. :rolleyes:

so the story with the component video output is what?

the picture is fine, the color can be corrected with adjustment?

I mean really people its really not that hard to figure out if the component quality from a HD cable box is good or bad. Just compare it to your HD tv......

Any input would be appreciated!

Zak said:
This Benq sure is interesting, isn't it?
According to TrustedReviews it hits market in mid-August, 2 wks from now.
(BTW, what is "800 Euros" in US $$ ?) .
Some of you've already seen its heavy specs and here they are again.
Ripped from Trusted Reviews,which calls it "a multimedia paradise" (see link below) ...

+++ World's 1st "HDMI-ready" LCD monitor.
+++ 24"
+++ 1920x1200 native Rez,
+++ 1080P Rez .
+++ Connectors: HDMI, DVI-D, S-video, Component, Composite.
+++ 1000:1 contrast.
+++ 500cdm2 Brightness.
+++ PIP (picture-in-picture).
+++ 6ms Response.
It has "futuristic" design, coal black, sharp square edges (like AF Stealth Fighter) really cool-lookng.
http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=3198
That monitor looks friggin Sweet!
800 Euros = 1,022.60 USD

Daggah said:
Excuse me, Mr. Troll, but I've had my 2407WFP for several weeks now. Before I figured out that you're only here to bash Dell and whine, I was responding to quite a few of your posts. You're not interested in real discussion; if anyone disagrees with you, you just insult them or insist that they're blind. Give me a fuckin' break already. :rolleyes:

I havent insulted anyone, your the one calling me a troll which is insulting.. Heres why what your posting is crap, The Faroudja video processing ACC(Adaptive Color and Contrast) is ment to be disabled in desktop mode only but me and allot of other users still get colour banding using DVI in desktop mode. There is an option in the factory menu for ACC but it doesnt actually do anything.

I've gone though 4 2407 A02's, and 1 A01 and they all suffer with banding in desktop mode using DVI and the ACC option in the factory menu does not disable ACC on any of them.

Puterguru said:
That monitor looks friggin Sweet!
800 Euros = 1,022.60 USD
I'm not totally certain, but Travbomb, the NEC guy who posts here and answers questions ---- said some of those features might not be present (deleted for cost reasons) when monitor goes on sale in September (I think). Better ask him. Good luck.

Zak said:
This Benq sure is interesting, isn't it?
According to TrustedReviews it hits market in mid-August, 2 wks from now.
(BTW, what is "800 Euros" in US $$ ?) .
Some of you've already seen its heavy specs and here they are again.
Ripped from Trusted Reviews,which calls it "a multimedia paradise" (see link below) ...

+++ World's 1st "HDMI-ready" LCD monitor.
+++ 24"
+++ 1920x1200 native Rez,
+++ 1080P Rez .
+++ Connectors: HDMI, DVI-D, S-video, Component, Composite.
+++ 1000:1 contrast.
+++ 500cdm2 Brightness.
+++ PIP (picture-in-picture).
+++ 6ms Response.
It has "futuristic" design, coal black, sharp square edges (like AF Stealth Fighter) really cool-lookng.
http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=3198
:eek: i'm sold after visiting benq's site!

c4eater said:
:eek: i'm sold after visiting benq's site!

You have better luck finding information on the existence of extraterrestrial life than you do on any CONFIRMED release dates, reviews etc on that freakin monitor... other than a quick writeup on gizmodo or some spec's on benq's site.

im so frustrated ready to buy a damn 24" monitor... and soooo sick of waiting! ARGH!!!

Shocky said:
I havent insulted anyone, your the one calling me a troll which is insulting.. Heres why what your posting is crap, The Faroudja video processing ACC(Adaptive Color and Contrast) is ment to be disabled in desktop mode only but me and allot of other users still get colour banding using DVI in desktop mode. There is an option in the factory menu for ACC but it doesnt actually do anything.

Bullshit. In your posts here you have repeatedly insisted that anyone who is happy with their 2407WFP is *blind* - I find that quite insulting. If you can just admit that not everyone is unhappy with their 2407, I will retract my accusation. As it stands, you're just whining like a little bitch about it.

I've gone though 4 2407 A02's, and 1 A01 and they all suffer with banding in desktop mode using DVI and the ACC option in the factory menu does not disable ACC on any of them.

Cry more. Please. I love hearing you whine.

Daggah said:
Bullshit. In your posts here you have repeatedly insisted that anyone who is happy with their 2407WFP is *blind* - I find that quite insulting. If you can just admit that not everyone is unhappy with their 2407, I will retract my accusation. As it stands, you're just whining like a little bitch about it.

Cry more. Please. I love hearing you whine.

I havent called anyone blind, somebody else said that. Don't put words in my mouth.

Cry more. Please. I love hearing you whine

If yours is fine for you then great but everyone here has a right to know that dell are shipping faulty monitors.. Whether or not there all faulty is arguable but really not the point here.

Or do you think I shouldnt tell anyone that dell are shipping A02's with colour banding? if not, why not ? :confused:

Shocky said:
I havent called anyone blind, somebody else said that. Don't put words in my mouth.

OK, my bad, you didn't say that, you only strongly implied it on multiple occasions, even claiming once that anyone who doesn't see it is probably using the VGA connection. You've also tried to claim that I don't actually have a 2407, implying I'm a liar. :rolleyes: Your refusal to believe that there might actually be people - a lot of people, even - who are happy with this monitor says to me that you're not interested in any real discussion about it. You just want to use any instance of the subject coming up to cry about your own unfortunate experiences.

If yours is fine for you then great but everyone here has a right to know that dell are shipping faulty monitors.. Whether or not there all faulty is arguable but really not the point here.

Actually it IS VERY MUCH the point here. :rolleyes:

Or do you think I shouldnt tell anyone that dell are shipping A02's with colour banding? if not, why not ? :confused:

Your bad luck with a handful of monitors amounts to a massive problem that the majority of Dell 2407 owners here are not complaining about justifies you claiming that all Dell 2407 monitors are defective, how?

Between your sarcastic comments about other users' experiences, your claims that the banding is obvious everywhere when the majority of people - even those who say they HAVE noticed it - admit that it's not a problem that will likely affect every day use, and finally, your constant whining and crying about the issue, I still am sticking to my conclusion about you. This will be the last time I address you in these forums.

Someone needs to get a life...nobody is interested in your incessent bickering....

Fact of the matter is there is no sense to defend you said position. The only purpose of this forum is to give out the facts. Facts are undeniable truths. If there is a banding there is banding, it doesn't fucking matter if it affects everyday use.

Daggah you seem like you are really really really really defending this monitor....even though when its clear it has issues...hello bias...

Daggah said:
OK, my bad, you didn't say that, you only strongly implied it on multiple occasions, even claiming once that anyone who doesn't see it is probably using the VGA connection. You've also tried to claim that I don't actually have a 2407, implying I'm a liar. :rolleyes: Your refusal to believe that there might actually be people - a lot of people, even - who are happy with this monitor says to me that you're not interested in any real discussion about it. You just want to use any instance of the subject coming up to cry about your own unfortunate experiences.

I asked if you owned the monitor because it was hard to believe anyone who owned one and understood the issue would suggest just turning off ACC since there is no such option. Its enabled/disabled depending on the image mode and its already be established users are still getting banding in desktop mode.

Just because users are happy with it does not mean the monitor does not suffer with the fault, also there may be monitors that are working perfectly but the point is which you seem to be missing is if others and myself included keep receiving A02 monitors which are faulty then theres a very high chance new buyers will also receive A02's with banding.. That is the point here...

BUT the only thing that matters Daggah is dell are shipping defective monitors, fact. I don't know what your problem is and to be honest I really don't care.

PYROTAK said:
Daggah you seem like you are really really really really defending this monitor....even though when its clear it has issues...hello bias...

Agreed.

Back