Why is my Vista Rating so low?

Processor: 5.3 (E6600)
Memory: 4.8 (G.Skill HZ's DDR2 800, 4-4-4-10)
Graphics: 5.9 (8800 GTS)
Gaming Graphics: 5.9 (8800 GTS)
Hard Disk: 5.9 (SATA Raptor 150G)
Overall: 4.8

My MB: Asus P5N32-E SLI

I am wondering what I should be looking at doing to improve my Memory/CPU Rating.
I have seen others with higher ratings that have similar or worse specs, on the RAM specifically.

Please god tell me that the Vista rating system isn't going to become some sort of a benchmark figure.

Please god tell me that the Vista rating system isn't going to become some sort of a benchmark figure.

Unfortunately it will. They will implement the rating system on all PC games saying that if your PC has a score of 3.5 you can run this game on the minimum settings.Designed for people who cant read for crap.

I'm sure if it's implemented as said (for use of games and settings), they will have an option to disable it.

But yes, sad as how it's becoming a benchmark already.

I'm sure if it's implemented as said (for use of games and settings), they will have an option to disable it.

But yes, sad as how it's becoming a benchmark already.
:D MS managed to make a worse "benchmark" than Futuremark has.

I don't think I would worry about the rating, basing a rating on the slowest part of your system isn't the best benchmark going ;)

I'm not sure what's worse: the inconsistancy of the scores, or how many people actual care what their score is, and want to change it.

I am wondering what I should be looking at doing to improve my Memory/CPU Rating.
I have seen others with higher ratings that have similar or worse specs, on the RAM specifically.

afaik, memory ratings are based on quantity, not quality. how much do you have?

ok first as everyone mentioned that score is useless, but score is your lowest score from all the categories, hahahhaha, on a side note my AMD64 X2 (2.6GHz) and a 7800GT gets 5.2 on that benchmark so you can see the score is a bit convoluted.

I'm not sure what's worse: the inconsistancy of the scores, or how many people actual care what their score is, and want to change it.
LOL

MS should have just given range ratings like optimal, good, fair, poor or does not apply, then explained how/why upgrading would improve an aspect of the OS or applications. But I guess computer manufacturers probably wouldn't want customers to see fair or poor ratings (but 2.0 is A-OK).

Or maybe it should be expanded to a -infinity to infinity scale. 512MB Vista basic computers with Symantec bloatware installed could wind up with negative scores. :D

Memory. You'll not get a score higher than your lowest rated component.

Memory. You'll not get a score higher than your lowest rated component.
Indeed, all of my scores are 5.5 and higher with the exception of my processor which is 4.9. My overall score is 4.9, some how that doesn't add up....but who really cares :D

There is a lovely explenation of the ratings system right in the ratings window. Its states your rating is based on your slowest component.

There is a lovely explenation of the ratings system right in the ratings window. Its states your rating is based on your slowest component.
I think he's asking why he's getting such a low memory score:

The other thread also had erratic memory scores. It's a mystery.

Back