Why is my Suprmicro IPMI View KVM Console different?

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
How come when I launch the KVM console I get the Java viewer and not the one inside IPMI viewer I see in the manuals?

this is what i get, a Java popout window

I am trying to install an OS remotely using an ISO image and it shows up in BIOS but never boots to the IOS, it must have something to do with the Java window program, how do i get the normal view? also there is no virtual media button in my IPMI View window like it shows in the manual?

9JHJJ.jpg

Last edited:
The Java view is what you should get. Are you mounting the ISO file via the Virtual Media? Setting the Boot Device to CD? Hitting the key at boot to boot off CD?

Oh..you don't have the Virtual Media menu item? I'll get you a screenshot of mine.

Is this screenshot from your computer? The Virtual Media button there does not work?

How come when I launch the KVM console I get the Java viewer and not the one inside IPMI viewer I see in the manuals?

this is what i get, a Java popout window

I am trying to install an OS remotely using an ISO image and it shows up in BIOS but never boots to the IOS, it must have something to do with the Java window program, how do i get the normal view? also there is no virtual media button in my IPMI View window like it shows in the manual?

9jhjj.jpg

Ipmiview is a separate download and not part of the web IPMI. Though you should have similar functionality between the two.

The Java view is what you should get. Are you mounting the ISO file via the Virtual Media? Setting the Boot Device to CD? Hitting the key at boot to boot off CD?

Oh..you don't have the Virtual Media menu item? I'll get you a screenshot of mine.

How come in the IPMI View manual it shows the viewer being something different inside IPMI View?

And this is what the virtual media setup looks like from the Java console, when you hit PLUGIN it will then show up as that USB: IPMI Virtual D you see in the first screenshot I posted.

8qpNQ.jpg

Ipmiview is a separate download and not part of the web IPMI. Though you should have similar functionality between the two.

I know, I am using IPMI View and when i click on the launch console button it launches the Java viewer.

Is this screenshot from your computer? The Virtual Media button there does not work?

you can tell from the BIOS screen i posted it does work as the IPMI USB device shows up and i set it as the first boot device.

ok i figured it out, when you PLUGIN the virtual drive/ISO in BIOS it created two things for some reason, a removable drive titled USB: IPMI Virtual D as you can see from the first screenshot I posted, and then under the normal CD ROM section it also created USB: IPMI Virtual C. When I chose the USB: IPMI Virtual C to boot it now works,

Anyways how come the IPMI View manual does not show the Java pop-out console, it shows something different integrated into IPMI View?

Anyways how come the IPMI View manual does not show the Java pop-out console, it shows something different integrated into IPMI View?

It's also possible that those manual shots are from an older version of the software.

There's two versions of IPMI now. There's the Wintec(I think is the right name) BMC and the Nuvotron BMC. The ones that say "Plug in/plug out" are the Nuvotron from what I've gathered.

Back