why is my signal strength so low

rcf1987

2[H]4U
Everyone in my house except me can walk into my room with there laptops and get 5 bars for there signal strength me on the other hand cant get above 2 using my desktop. I have a Linksys WMP54GS v1.1 and a Trendnet TEW-432BRP as my wireless router what can i do to increase my wireless strength. Oh and moving the router is out of the question if everyone can get excellent signal strength except me than there must be something i can do to fix the problem.

This sounds like a problem with the wireless card you have installed in your desktop PC. Check on Linksys's website to see if they don't have any new drivers for the card that may fix that problem. If your PC sits inside of an enclosed desk with a metal cabinet then more than likely you're not going to get a good wireless signal that way. If you can buy one, you can get a wireless usb adapter that will allow you to move the antenna out into the open.

Make sure your antenna is screwed in all the way. I can't tell you how many times I've seen those things unscrewed or even completely missing...

Back