Why is my CPU cooler louder when using higher FPS?

erik8hfr

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 3, 2013
Messages
102
I'm using Intel stock cooler and 60hz monitor. When I set in-game frame rate to 120fps, my CPU cooler is louder than normal. Should I change my CPU cooler?
 
Load (in game) causes the CPU to scale which requires more voltage which causes more heat. Get a hyper 212 for cheap and call it a day.
 
Load (in game) causes the CPU to scale which requires more voltage which causes more heat. Get a hyper 212 for cheap and call it a day.
Hyper 212 will be not louder when using 120fps? Which version to get for Hyper 212? I'm using Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H motherboard.
 
Last edited:
How about Cryorig H7?
what is your PC specs first?

anandtech and techpowerup have great reviews on heatsinks. noctuna D15 is the best but super premo. That evo 212 is a decent cheap heatsink

if your runnign stock there is no reason to get a D15.

if you want true silence just look at techpowerup reviews at volume levels
 
what is your PC specs first?

anandtech and techpowerup have great reviews on heatsinks. noctuna D15 is the best but super premo. That evo 212 is a decent cheap heatsink

if your runnign stock there is no reason to get a D15.

if you want true silence just look at techpowerup reviews at volume levels
What PC specs information do you need?
 
Either this guy is really new or a troll.
Sorry I'm really new. So you mean there is no need 120fps for playing FPS games and 60fps is enough? I have delay mouse movement by using Logitech M100 when using 60fps. Is it because of the mouse?
 
If your monitor is 60hz, then there rarely is any point in going over 60fps. But, sometimes more fps makes the mouse feel smoother on some games. Turning off v-sync may help as well.
Changing to a better cpu cooler will make your pc quieter too.
 
If your monitor is 60hz, then there rarely is any point in going over 60fps. But, sometimes more fps makes the mouse feel smoother on some games. Turning off v-sync may help as well.
Changing to a better cpu cooler will make your pc quieter too.
How about Cryorig H7? Is it better CM Hyper 212?
 
My casing is CM K280. Does my Asus GTX670 graphic card make loud noise when the temp is around 70c? Should I install side fan to cool down my graphic card or change CPU cooler?
 
Back
Top