• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

why is monarch computer's....

Ryan711

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
1,173
why is their msi neo plat 2 so damn expensive, I was going to get one of their cpu/mobo combos, but their msi is 169 dollars, while their oem 3000+ is only 140. WTF is that. Even the non sli neo 4 is cheaper at 150 dollars, i'd get that but i was planning on getting the 6800nu and that doesn't come in pci-e. Well I guess I will go ahead since it comes with hl2 and farcry free. I would be buying those anyway. sighhhhhh
 
Ryan711 said:
why is their msi neo plat 2 so damn expensive, I was going to get one of their cpu/mobo combos, but their msi is 169 dollars, while their oem 3000+ is only 140. WTF is that. Even the non sli neo 4 is cheaper at 150 dollars, i'd get that but i was planning on getting the 6800nu and that doesn't come in pci-e. Well I guess I will go ahead since it comes with hl2 and farcry free. I would be buying those anyway. sighhhhhh

It's highly possible that there is just an over-abundance of neo4 now, so they jacked up the prices of the neo2. - To compare, Newegg's 3500+ Winchester was 10$+ more expensive than the Newcastle for a long time, but now the Winny is 10$ cheaper. The Newcastle's 130nm core is being phased out, perhaps much like the neo2 - at least at Monarch.
 
monarch's prices fluctuate like crazy but generally follow their supply. Wait a week or so, the prices will probably come down at some point.
 
djskankho said:
monarch's prices fluctuate like crazy but generally follow their supply. Wait a week or so, the prices will probably come down at some point.

This is true. They had A64 3700+'s for like $450, then all of a sudden they were $340 (AMD pricedrop.) During last weekend they dropped to $299 both retail and OEM, so I jumped on the retail one. Now it's back up to $340 and $330 for retail and OEM respectively. Glad I snagged that sucker! It's a 4000+ with half the memory bandwidth and for less than half the price :)


Anyways, try pricegrabber.com for the lowest price on that motherboard.
 
yea I would look to price grabber but most places that I trust are out of stock newegg zipzoomfly, gameve. Plus I wanted to get the bundle from monarch because they are giving away hl2 and farcry.
 
Back
Top