• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Why is every video so bright???

zamardii

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 22, 2004
Messages
3,106
I downloaded the 77.77 drivers. But, I had problems with the driver, so I downgraded to 77.72, but now every videoclip I view is very very bright. How can I fix that?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but it has to do with video, so that's why I picked it.
 
Your video overlay settings are probably jizzed up.

I'm not sure exactly where that setting is located (don't own nvidia), but I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the normal control panel. Just find it and 'touch' all the sliders and click 'apply'.
 
I had this exact problem with my drivers.

1. Right click anywhere on your desktop.
2. Go to nVidia display and click on your monitor's name.
3. Go to Color Correction in your nVidia control panel.
4. In the dropdown menu it's either Overlay or All, but you need to adjust your gamma and possibly some other settings here. Just mess with them while watching a video.

If your nVidia control panel isn't open your video's will return back to their screwed up colors.
 
Well actually there was a video overbright problem that was fixed in the 77.77 drivers.
 
I had that problem, a temp solution is to disable direct x. Im not sure what caused it, but I heard stuff about broken pure video.

My solution ended up being an x850xt pe :p
 
traxxton said:
I had that problem, a temp solution is to disable direct x. Im not sure what caused it, but I heard stuff about broken pure video.

My solution ended up being an x850xt pe :p

Purevideo has nothing to do with it, is a driver bug in the 77.72's, that can be sorted out in 15 secs.

Terra - On a sidenote that bug didn't affect my TV-out in clone mode, only my CRT...
 
Back
Top