Why is EM3 displaying like this?

sandmanx

[H]F Junkie
I just installed it on my laptop, and this is what I'm getting. I don't have a problem with it on my other machines I run em3 on.

em3-problem.jpg

try making the window a bit bigger...maybe the different resolutions or what not...

You can't adjust the size of the window, I already tried that.

I'm running 1920x1200 as my res. This is my Inspiron 6000s native res.

Click the piece of paper on the top right hand side to change your view style.

Full Folding Ahead!

tsuehpsyde said:
Click the piece of paper on the top right hand side to change your view style.

Full Folding Ahead!

I've done that, and it still has text overwriting. If you notice at the top, the minimize/close buttons are on the logo, so there is something up with the sizing of the window.

Oh hmmm, that is rather interesting. Did you try re-downloading it by chance?

Full Folding Ahead!

Are you using the large font setting? EMIII does not like large fonts.

I redownloaded it just to make sure, and the same thing happens.

df: I'm using Windows classic view with normal fonts. It's the same setup that I use on all my computers. OS is WinXP Pro

That is the exact behavior I have noticed with using larger fonts in windows. Try changing the font settings to windows to 96 dpi! If windows is saying your Font Size is 96 dpi, I think windows is lying to you!!!!

dr_dirtnap said:
That is the exact behavior I have noticed with using larger fonts in windows. Try changing the font settings to windows to 96 dpi! If windows is saying your Font Size is 96 dpi, I think windows is lying to you!!!!

Yeah, you were right. I was looking in the wrong area for font sizes, and 120DPI is on. I set it to 96 DPI and with this screen, everything is microscopic, so back to 120DPI. I'll see if LPerry has a workaround, or switch to a different program. 96DPI on a 15" wuxga+ screen is just too freakin small.

Thanks for the help from everyone

sandmanx said:
Yeah, you were right. I was looking in the wrong area for font sizes, and 120DPI is on. I set it to 96 DPI and with this screen, everything is microscopic, so back to 120DPI. I'll see if LPerry has a workaround, or switch to a different program. 96DPI on a 15" wuxga+ screen is just too freakin small.

Thanks for the help from everyone

I know what your are going through. I just bought my father a HP DV8000 (Turion ML-40) with a 17" 1680x1050 WSXGA screen and the text is super small. The text on EM looks exactly the same.. Hopefully Vista will address the problems with LCD screens. Having 1680x1050 makes certain websites, i.e. Hotmail almost impossible to read without totally dropping the resolution.

Back