Why is 1600x1200 broken? 9800pro

AceTKK

Gawd
I'm running a Samsung Syncmaster 955df and a Radeon 9800pro. For some reason 16x12 is broken: I cannot view the whole image. The right side extends past the edge of the monitor to such an extreme that I have to guess at the menu options of most games, and the windows desktop is unusable. If I use Fraps to capture a screenshot the resulting image appears correct, which leads me to believe it's a problem with the monitor. No amount of adjustment to the monitor controls can fix it; the resize and re-position options only work on the visible area. Has anybody ever seen this before?

thx,

-Ace-

Change your refresh rate so that they match in the 'Monitor' and 'Display' tab in your display properties menu. That fixed the problem for me except in BF Vietnam, that game is a fuckin train wreck.

Yep, its probably the refreshrate. But it may also be the monitor. Maybe it's defective.

In the catalyst drivers you can also adjust the size of the image. Maybe you can play around with those settings: settings-> advanced->displays-> select the monitor and then -> adjustments There you can change the size and position of the image through the driver.

This fixed it for me:

Settings -> Advanced -> Displays -> Monitor

Uncheck 'Use DDC Information' then set the max res to 1600x1200.

Back