FlatLine84
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Apr 7, 2005
- Messages
- 1,521
Haha, dug this thread up looking for MythTV info...
Anyways...
I enjoy Linux for what it is, ideally I would like to have just one OS, I don't care what it is. But I want it to run any program I dersire to have with little hassle, and use my hardware as effciently as possible. I think distros like Ubuntu and Linspire make it easy to try out linux, I would definately choose Ubuntu there, as I used it for a while. But currently I've gone back to Fedora Core 4, and looking at 6. I'm looking at installing Linux mint at home for a second comp, mainly because it's Ubuntu, but reduced some of the long setup steps.
Things that make switching easier: Command line knowledge, apt-get and yum. Things that make the switch harder: Poor driver support and compiling stuff apt-get and yum don't end up being useful for.
Anyways...
I enjoy Linux for what it is, ideally I would like to have just one OS, I don't care what it is. But I want it to run any program I dersire to have with little hassle, and use my hardware as effciently as possible. I think distros like Ubuntu and Linspire make it easy to try out linux, I would definately choose Ubuntu there, as I used it for a while. But currently I've gone back to Fedora Core 4, and looking at 6. I'm looking at installing Linux mint at home for a second comp, mainly because it's Ubuntu, but reduced some of the long setup steps.
Things that make switching easier: Command line knowledge, apt-get and yum. Things that make the switch harder: Poor driver support and compiling stuff apt-get and yum don't end up being useful for.