• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Why I'll miss Califorinia (link to pics)

JackieO

Gawd
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
933
The move to Toronto is nigh, and since it's been so nice out lately I decided to go for a walk and take some pictures. Massive cons aside, California sure does know how to put on a nature show. I didn't want to post pics here because the file sizes are large so click the picture for more. Enjoy:

 
Very nice collection of flower pics.

With the price of a average house approaching $500,000, I don't understand why so many people still want to move to California :eek:
 
Steak said:
Very nice collection of flower pics.

With the price of a average house approaching $500,000, I don't understand why so many people still want to move to California :eek:

Well, without really getting into it I will say that this has been a pretty incredible place to live. The culture, the weather, the people, the variety of things to do... It's just a cool place. But you're right, when 700 square foot houses are selling for $700,000 it's time to ride off into the sunset. :) Of course you live in L.A, so you know all this.

Oh, and thanks for the picture comments. I wish I'd have been able to get better ones of the truck, but oh well.
 
Nice pics. What kind of camera? Overall, I like the weather and all the greenery that comes with living here.

My neighbor is selling his house, moving to Canada, and retiring from the profit. I think the house (small) went for .. 1.6, 1.7 million. :eek:
 
Thanks. I just noticed I didn't list the camera. Duh. It's a 300D using the 28-135 IS. I was going to use my 50mm 1.8, but decided I wanted to get a little closer view of some of the flowers.

And yes, the whole "sell your house in the bay area and use the profits to move to Canada" thing is quite enticing. So enticing in fact, that's exactly what we're doing. :D
 
Having gone to California during the summer, I can say that it is a very appealing place to live. All the cars, girls, scenery, makes it very enticing. I was only there for a week, but I wanted to stay so much longer.
 
I'm going there next week to Catalina Island, Sequia/Yosemite park(great pic opportunity), Napa Valley, San Fran..... Cant wait..
 
I'm jealous! Looks like you'll have awesome weather, and now is a really good time to go to Yosemite. Bring a lof of CF cards. :)
 
Back
Top