Why I love Asus.

Man I'll say it again I just can't imagine what the market is like for a board like this. I wish I could find statistics on how many of these higher end boards they actually sell.

Yes innovation! Especially a graphics card that doesn't suck! (puts my 8800gts too shame too :( )

drop the lucid chip off that & it would be an awesome board for when doing builds for other people.. WOuld also allow some very SLIM PC's

drop the lucid chip off that & it would be an awesome board for when doing builds for other people.. WOuld also allow some very SLIM PC's

Why would you drop the Lucid chip? Then the integrated 5770 becomes useless when you install a discreet GPU. That Lucid chip allows the integrated 5770 to boost performance no matter what additional graphics cards you install...

Also, it might be slim, but it would still be E-ATX. That motherboard is gigantic.

Last edited:
Seems like a waste. They will likely be charging at least the cost of a normal 5770 or more on top of the board price. Its an interesting concept but should stay that way.

I thought Nvidia killed off Lucid's abilities with their drivers a while back? I remember hearing about it and being very excited, but then heard it got killed off.

I thought Nvidia killed off Lucid's abilities with their drivers a while back? I remember hearing about it and being very excited, but then heard it got killed off.

Not yet, but according to some rumors it's something they'll look at if Lucid actually becomes popular.

Why would you drop the Lucid chip? Then the integrated 5770 becomes useless when you install a discreet GPU. That Lucid chip allows the integrated 5770 to boost performance no matter what additional graphics cards you install...

Also, it might be slim, but it would still be E-ATX. That motherboard is gigantic.

drop the lucid will take some of the size off the board & alot of the cost. & it wouldn't stop you from crossfireing still without it.

AS a high end solution I dont see lucid doing much if anything. But a board with integrated 5770 graphics would be a great board. as it sits now its about as useful as that DFI with a Intel atom board built onto the socket 775 board. a few people will use it but for most its cost that gives no real advantage.

x58 plus hd5770 plus lucid = $450 or so. also have to think about donating maybe 1gb of your ddr3 to it.

x58 plus hd5770 plus lucid = $450 or so. also have to think about donating maybe 1gb of your ddr3 to it.

No the board already has 512MB of VRAM on it already. While having an integrated 5770 is really cool, I would have preferred 1GB of VRAM.

Back