why fonts suck in winxp?

ClearType? Try looking that up, it's built into Windows.

Alternately, be more specific about what "sucks."

they look better on mac and linux oses. i know about cleartype, i have it on. just they still don't look as good as in other oses. have you seen the icon size plus nice font on macs, that is what i call beautiful, sucks in windows it looks the same as in win31.

You do realize you can add more fonts to your fonts folder? I have several hundred just in case I get bored.

yea Clear type looks a lot better on mac and linux. Haven't messed with it enough in win xp to try to make it look the same. Could try the power toy for clear type maybe that would help.

Fedex5000 said:
is there a program that makes my winxp computer fonts, like mac or linux fonts? :confused: :)

This is the exact reason we need a sticky or something to inform people how to ask for help. You give absolutely no information, and don't put in an ounce of effort into describing the situation. You make a comment that's nothing more than an opinion, and you expect the rest of us to figure out what the hell your talking about. If you care to go into detail at all, we can begin to help out.

Use Cleartweak and enable Cleartype. Thenn with this utility you can lower the contrast of the fonts and they look much better.

Back