Why does Ryzen 7 1800X performs so poorly in games?

So I'm gaming on a 3440x1440 with gsync 100hz with 1800X and a Titan XPascal not Xp

While playing rocket league now my monitor randomly dips below 100fps which never used to happen on my 4770K : \ it's very odd the dip is only to 85-90 for a split second, but it's enough to see a stutter in the game. Nothing is over clocked, mobo has default settings and cpu/gpu are under water, not sure what could be causing it.

Anyone experience the same thing?

And it didn't fix anything... because the problem was not ~2% lower framerates.

I see you conveniently ignored my post about higher frame rates after bios upgrade.That is because your rantings are being proven wrong.

Not even close.

You know the last time I checked it was a big deal to get any performance gain out of a micro code update. A gain is always better then no gain or a loss in performance no matter how you try to spin it.

You know the last time I checked it was a big deal to get any performance gain out of a micro code update. A gain is always better then no gain or a loss in performance no matter how you try to spin it.

That wasn't the point. Of course, the 2% average gain reported in the above measurements is better than no gain. The point is that the new AGESA/BIOS confirmed what some of us predicted (minimal gains) and disproved again to that certain people that has been promising us a magic 'fix' since launch time, I mean that people has been giving false expectations...

That wasn't the point. Of course, the 2% average gain reported in the above measurements is better than no gain. The point is that the new AGESA/BIOS confirmed what some of us predicted (minimal gains) and disproved again to that certain people that has been promising us a magic 'fix' since launch time, I mean that people has been giving false expectations...

People which people , you are making this up , you don't know what you are talking about. You purposely troll this thread for the sake of making no point.

You refrain from posting valid information pretending that the AGESA would fix things related to performance that you (you alone) think that should be fixed , when you are not clear about what performance we would have to guess and by that guessing you keep trolling this thread for no other purpose.

Then you recycle the argument you (you alone) are making and saying that there is something wrong with Ryzen performance and this starts over again.

People which people , you are making this up , you don't know what you are talking about. You purposely troll this thread for the sake of making no point.

You refrain from posting valid information pretending that the AGESA would fix things related to performance that you (you alone) think that should be fixed , when you are not clear about what performance we would have to guess and by that guessing you keep trolling this thread for no other purpose.

Then you recycle the argument you (you alone) are making and saying that there is something wrong with Ryzen performance and this starts over again.

You are wasting your time replying to a person that will shift the goal posts at every turn. Truth be told he is here to troll you.

Not even close.

Then comment about a proven 15% gain in fps withe latest MSI Titanium X370in OPEN GL applicatrions. Remember I have a gpu that is 2 year old technology the Sapphire Radeon Nitro Fury. I was not even overclocking the gpu, That is an outstanding result and yet you chose to ignore what flies in the face of your own preconceived ideas. As Shakespeare wrote in Hamlet "Get thee to a nunnery!" You really should try out for a roll in Disney's sequel to Trolls.

Last edited:
Back