Why does my Westy LTV-32W6 look washed out?

icetrey47

Limp Gawd
Hello all ... I recently pricematched the Westinghouse LTV-32W6 32" at a local best buy and walked out of the store with it for $539.99 plus tax. I've been playing with it for the past 2 days now and for the life of me I can't satisfy myself with the picture quality. I can't get the colors to look rich and vibrant without sacrificing the black levels, and vice versa. This set looks washed out in dark scenes of movies, and I don't feel like the colors "jump out at me" like they seem to do on other sets I've seen.

On another note, my PS2 (connected via component) looks like absolute crap. The only games that come remotely close to looking good are Guitar Hero 2 and God of War running at 480p ... but it's still far from what I consider good ... it almost looks like PS1 quality on this set. My Wii is the same way ... now I know where all the N64 comments came from. Xbox 360 looks great at 720p, but I still have the problem with it looking washed out in dark areas.

Anyways, now that I'm done with my rant, I'm considering returning this set to best buy for a refund. I don't know what else I can do to improve the quality (the settings are limited) and I'm pretty much screwed when it comes to my PS2 and Wii. Do you think my complaints are legitimate and that i need to find a better TV, or am I just being a videophile? Any help appreciated, thanks!

Back