Why does my 'HTC Incredible' screen stay black w/ red & blue dots?

Okay,
I've got a dead screen on my 'HTC Incredible'. I had dropped my phone in a soggy field and I believe that I either stepped on it, or our truck ran over it and pushed it down into the soggy grass/dirt a little bit. When I picked my phone up, it was face up and there was a little bit of water (small puddle) on the screen. The back had a rubber case on it.

At first I couldn't get the phone to power on. After 4-5min on top of my cars defrost, I got it to do what it does now: Powers on but the screen stays black (but lit). I can barely see a few red and blue dots on the screen (stuck pixels, dead pixels, whatever you wanna call them). The bottom line of set buttons (menu,back,etc.) still light up, and even vibrate when I hit them. The phones speaker works as I hear my ringtone when people call, and the "Droooiiid" at boot.

Im thinking that my screen's just dead and if I replace it - i should be back to normal. Am I right on this? I recently bought the phone used off eBay so there's no returning it anywhere. Would the small amount of water on the screen do this, or is it more likely that it had pressure on it messing it up (either my foot or our trucks wheel). Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

J

Oh yea, I sat the phone in a bowl of rice overnight and it did nothing.

I've had my Incredible for almost 2 years, but never put it through that kind of abuse. I'm surprised, but impressed, that yours even powers on. I think a new screen might cost as much as another used Inc on eBay, though.

Its really very much shocking and impressive that this cell phones even turns on...try out the rice trick...keep it in a bowl full of rice also try out hair drier....if this also didnt worked you will have to go on for replacing decision.

For future reference, any time there's any chance moisture has gotten into the internals, any remote chance, if you value your tech, REMOVE THE BATTERY as soon as possible and let it sit in rice for a day or three. Removing the battery so there's no power to fry components is the most important thing.

Thanks Lorenzo & Gen Crespin but the rice didn't work, and though I did remove the battery after it happened - i replaced it shortly after and kept testing the phone *banging head*. Im pretty sure it's my SLCD screen but Im crossing my fingers that it isn't. If ya'll have any other suggestions for me, then I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks for the info

i guess this kind of thing is bound to happen when you actually do a little physical labor for a living...

Back