• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Why does my FX 5600 suck so much

rcf1987

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 9, 2004
Messages
3,759
Alright I have a Asylum FX 5600 Ultra running at 400 core and 800 memory and a Ti 4600 running at 290 core and 600 memory and my Ti 4600 BEATS THE SHIT out of my FX in everything why does FX suck so much
 
The Ti4600 was one of the last great cards from that era .. those cards just rocked and they are still good the older FX cards they just blew chunks .. pretty sad huh newer cards = worse fps .. until you get up around the 5900 and the 6 x series cards
 
rcf1987 said:
Alright I have a Asylum FX 5600 Ultra running at 400 core and 800 memory and a Ti 4600 running at 290 core and 600 memory and my Ti 4600 BEATS THE SHIT out of my FX in everything why does FX suck so much
A Ti4200 is faster than your card. NVIDIA really screwed up the FX 5600, 5200, and 5800 cards. There's nothing you can do about it, unfortunately.
 
rcf1987 said:
Alright I have a Asylum FX 5600 Ultra running at 400 core and 800 memory and a Ti 4600 running at 290 core and 600 memory and my Ti 4600 BEATS THE SHIT out of my FX in everything why does FX suck so much

Not really sure, in most benchmarks I've seen the FX5600 Ultra beat the ti4200 & ti4600 pretty much across the board, especially when AA/AF is applied. In Doom3 it murders the ti4600. I think you might have a driver issue of some sort.

I.E.:
http://www.digital-daily.com/video/nvidia-vga-roundup2003/

http://www.techreport.com/etc/2004q3/doom3-midlow/index.x?pg=4
 
Back
Top