Why do people buy bad games if it's cheap?

Would you pay to have a needle stuck in your eye if it's only $4 rather than $60?

Seems to me that if a game is really bad, you shouldn't support it for any amount of money. You hear phrases like:

"For $4 I'll try it."

or

"Even though I haven't heard many good things about it, I'm sure that for $4 I can get my money's worth."

I don't want to support any game that I perceive is bad. My purchasing decisions don't always work out, but I think I've managed to avoid most of the bad ones in my game library.

For me it was impulse. If something is under $5 my thinking was "what's the harm" until after a while that $5 adds up to a price where I could have bought a game I knew I would like with the money I spent on bad games. These days if a game doesn't offer me a demo then I don't buy it for any price.

Aye, not many offer demos or even worthy demos. Looking up trailers, gameplay videos usually helps me make the decision.

For me it was impulse. If something is under $5 my thinking was "what's the harm" until after a while that $5 adds up to a price where I could have bought a game I knew I would like with the money I spent on bad games. These days if a game doesn't offer me a demo then I don't buy it for any price.

My favorite is when they come out with CGI trailers that have absolutely no gameplay footage whatsoever. Show us what we're actually going to be playing

Buying "bad" games because their cheap?! That doesn't make a bit of sense. Who does that?

Back