• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Why do i keep freezing in cs?

GOD'SlittleSERVANT

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 18, 2001
Messages
7,269
I KNOW I KNOW, CS IS DEAD, well not for me. anyways, i play, then it freezes for like 3 or 4 seconds then it resumes playing time, its not the server cause it happenes on all servers. I use opengl, tryed d3d same thing. any1 know??
 
It's odd, I have the same issue. The only thing though is, that if you are having it on one game - you are having that issue throughout all of Steam's original HL based engine
 
i only had that issue while virus scan was running at the same time. make sure you don't have a lot of stuff running in the background.
 
I was having similar problems with my ISDN line... until i found out that steam likes to hog your bandwith in the background by Pre-Downloading the files for CZ or other games... i had to go into my preferences in steam and turn off all automatic updates... then my freezing problem went away.. might not be the same thing but its an idea...
 
it happened in 1.5 to......it doesnt happen in any other games besides cs and wc3....ODD!??!?
 
are you using a wireless router or bridge? that will give you a spike every 5 minutes or so.
 
problem solved. i had the same thing happen to me and a friend and a cousin :eek: you can hire someone to wire it from a router to your pc. they charged us 100 bucks for me and my sisters room. it's not easy to do it. drilling holes in walls, wiring through attic, installing headers. or you could just buy a hella long eternet cord and wire it through the rooms maybe matching your paint and hanging over the door frame. no way to fix it with a wireless router bud :(
 
Originally posted by zoltan
are you using a wireless router or bridge? that will give you a spike every 5 minutes or so.

Correction, it MAY cause a spike. I encountered this issue (a couple years ago) on a friend's machine. I couldn't find a fix for it, but once I accidentally hosed his OS install, and reinstalled for him, the problem went away.

I would suggest playing directly connected to your router or your modem (if cable or dsl) to see if the problem goes away.
 
yeah, thats how i got mine fixed. it's fine if your directly connected.

i recently helped build a friends pc and he is using a wireless router and it works fine. it could be that your not getting a strong signal. he has a "berklin" new model if that helps. i have a smc when it happend to me so did my cousin. my friend who had same problem had a linksye newer model. it could just depend on how strong your bridge is. try pointing antennas close to where the router is even if it is through a wall it can help get higher connctivity.
 
ya i play it on my moms comp sometimes and it works perfect cause it directly connected to the modem. I use NetGear....wg311 802.11g
 
Back
Top