Why did Corsair shorten the H70 hoses so much?

shawnoen

[H]ard|Gawd
The H50 hoses are 29cm and the H70 are only 21cm. Way too short to even fit my my midsize Lian Li case.

Really limits the applications with the hoses so short.

Last edited:
The H50 hoses are 21cm and the H70 are only 21cm. Way too short to even fit my my midsize Lian Li case.

Your post makes no sense. if the H50 hose is 21 cm and the H70 hose is 21 cm, how is that shortened ?

Maybe they wanted to sell more H50s?

Does the thickness of the radiator on the H70 make any difference in hose length?

The H70s do swivel where-as the H50s don't.:eek:

Sorry, H70 hoses are 21cm in length. Almost 3 inches shorter than H50....

Last edited:
I'm still reading H50 = 21cm and H70 = 28cm. My brain hurts too. H50 must be a bit longer than that....

The H50 hoses are 21cm and the H70 are only 29cm. Way too short to even fit my my midsize Lian Li case.

Your post makes no sense since you have the H70 hoses listed at 29cm and the H50 at 21cm. Math would dictate the H70 hoses are longer, unless I am missing something. Plus I like the fact that the H70 hoses swivel.

Yes, I made a type. My god, the horror!!!!!!!!!!!

I have an H50 and it fit my EVGA Classified board and Lian LI case no problem mounted at the exhaust fan. H70 tubes are too short. It fits but there is absolutely no slack and I'm afraid something is going to get damaged if I mount it.

A Corsair rep in one of the forums (this one, Overclockers, ??) addressed this question a few weeks ago, I don't remember his exacts words but he explained that the H70 radiator assembly, due to the depth of the two fans, extends farther into the case than the H50. In prototype testing this caused severe bends and kinking in the hoses for most mobo CPU locations and necessitated shortening the hoses. If this is not exactly what he said it is pretty damn close and makes sense to me.

^ Yup, I remember reading that as well. They basically designed the H70 around their 800D case so the H70's tubing length fits perfectly in it.

I actually had to return my H70 since the tubing length was too short. I went back to my Asetek (H50) unit in my Lian Li midtower.

A Corsair rep in one of the forums (this one, Overclockers, ??) addressed this question a few weeks ago, I don't remember his exacts words but he explained that the H70 radiator assembly, due to the depth of the two fans, extends farther into the case than the H50. In prototype testing this caused severe bends and kinking in the hoses for most mobo CPU locations and necessitated shortening the hoses. If this is not exactly what he said it is pretty damn close and makes sense to me.

This is correct. The thickness of the radiator/fan assembly made the hoses stick out over the memory sockets when installed, also it made the hoses stick out past the side panel in some smaller cases, which isn't really cool.

Since the vast majority of cases will be installing the H50/H70 in the rear 120mm fan position, the shortened cables didn't hugely affect compatibility except for guys who are using a different form-factor case (like the Lian-Li A05N series, for example).

It wasn't an easy decision, but it was the best compromise.

It wasn't an easy decision, but it was the best compromise.

Ever think of an H70 short(or "normal") and an H70 long tube version?
Or selling some kind of hose kit?

It would be a major PITA if you bought one of these only to find out you got "hosed" literally.:eek:

I'm kinda annoyed by the longer hoses on my h50, makes it harder to wrestle into position

it makes sense that the hose would be shorter on the H70 because of its thickness. Fits well with my case.

The H70 was too short if I mount it to my NZXT Vulcan on the intake position. This was not a problem for H50

Back