why cant windows 8.0 users get the free upgrade to win10?

AndreRio

[H]ard|Gawd
this seems like discrimination (just kidding) (c;
windows 7/8.1 users will be able to get the free upgrade! but not 8.0 users? why?

Perhaps some bug or technical detail not mentioned by MS.

No reason you cant double upgrade on the same day, right?

Yeah I would recommend going to 8.1.

Why haven't you done this already?

Some older Intel and AMD CPUs can run Win8 x64 just fine, but lack certain instructions/functions to run Win8.1 x64. Things like PrefetchW, CMPXCHG16b, LAHF/SAHF and some others are required.

It's an AndreRio OS thread. Common sense need not apply here.

Upgrade 8.0 > 8.1 upgrade that to 10.0, create .iso from that, burn .iso to DVD, format HDD and install Win10 fresh. Ten hours later and you might have Win10 installed. :rolleyes:

Some older Intel and AMD CPUs can run Win8 x64 just fine, but lack certain instructions/functions to run Win8.1 x64. Things like PrefetchW, CMPXCHG16b, LAHF/SAHF and some others are required.

Will such machines be able to run windows 10?

Since you need a MSA to qualify for the free upgrade to 10, there's absolutely zero reason to not install 8.1 first which also requires a MSA and a free download from the Windows Store.

Then just clean install if you want.

Will such machines be able to run windows 10?

I honestly don't know. The affected processors can run Win 8.1 32-bit, so it might be possible to transition from that to Win 10 x86. (Assuming there is a 32-bit Windows 10. I haven't been paying that close attention.)

Back