Why can't I snag this Domain????

typhoon43

2[H]4U
I've been waiting patiently. Now I go to godaddy and any other registrar and they say it's not available. Oh really?

gvillexpired.PNG

That was 2 DAYS AGO. I want my site.... :mad:

unfortunatly there is a grace period they are given to register by there registar, and it is most of the time 60 days, but ive seen it as long as 120 days. So my best recomendation to you is to do a backorder, and hopefully your backorder snags it before someone else's does.

Good luck, picking up expired domains is not as easy as it seems unfortunatly :(

Weird, I just tried and I didnt have a problem registering it. Hrm.. go figure.

The current registrar will have to delete the name. As said before, they tend to hold on to them a while as a grace period. Once this is up com/net domains go into a redemption period at the registry after they expire and stay there for 30 days longer giving the original registrant another chance to renew (however it costs quite a bit to get them out of redemption usually).

Honestly, a good idea is to use a service like snapnames or similar services, as it can be a pain in the ass to get expired names now.

When a domain name expires, it enters a "grace" period, during which the current registrant can still renew. This grace period varies by registrar, but usually lasts from 30 to 45 days. It can be more or less depending on circumstances. The record usually reflects the status REGISTRAR-HOLD during the grace period.

If the current registrant hasn’t renewed the name when that period is over, most registrars will release the name to the central registry. Domain names registered at Network Solutions for which SnapNames has a backorder are moved to SnapNames to be awarded to the backorder holder or, in the case of multiple backorders, the winner of an auction. Otherwise, names then enter another 30 day period called REDEMPTIONPERIOD. Again, if the current registrant does not have the domain name restored and renewed by the end of this period, the registry places the registration in PENDINGDELETE status, and approximately five days later the domain name will become available.

Please note that the status labels are different for .org names. REDEMPTIONPERIOD and PENDINGDELETE are combined but total approximately 35 to 36 days.

It takes a while. Personally, I just paid snapnames.com to watch the domainfor me. Granted, it was $60, but it was a small price to pay to not have to remember to check on a name constantly and worry about someone else snagging it. And yes, I got the domain I wanted. ;)

It looks like the domain has now been renewed by the owner. But quick search shows the .net, .org, .info etc. all still avalible.

Back