• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Why can't I create Eyefinity display group????? PLEASE HELP

guy_uoft

n00b
Joined
Jul 9, 2004
Messages
50
I'm running a 5850 (10.3a preview drivers) on Windows 7. I just got my DP->VGA adapter but eyefinity isn't working. I have two 23" inch monitor (Acer X233H via DP->VGA adapter and H233H via DVI) on the sides of a 32" LCD TV (1360x768, via DVI->VGA adapter).
so 23" (DVI) - 32" (DVI->VGA) - 23" (DP->VGA)

I got all 3 screens to run 1360x768. However when I go to create a display group, and select the 3x1 option and press ok the displays begin to blink, then it ends up being all 3 monitors in clone mode with a res of 640x480. Now under "Desktops and Display", if I right click on the one display that's there and select property, it says the Desktop Type is "Eyefinity Duplicate", however I can only select 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768 as resolution...

All 3 monitors are capable of running 1360x768, why won't Eyefinity work? Any pointer is much appreciated.
 
stupid question but are you sure youre tv does 1360x768 as a pc resolution. many people still dont understand that a tv can have a different pc resolution depending on the brand and model. (ie my 50" lcd does 720p, but max pc res is only 1158x768 or something like that even over hdmi.
 
Thanks for the reply :)

Yes I'm sure. Before I got my two 23", I used my 32" LCD TV as my monitor for over 2 years, always at the resolution of 1360x768.

UPDATE: Now I tried to remove my HDTV, I ran it with only the two 23 inch monitor on DVI and DP->VGA, eyefinity display group worked perfectly... what gives? I know the HDTV has a different native resolution, but shouldn't eyefinity automatically select the highest common resolution?

When I have my HDTV plugged in, it has one more option above 1360x768@60hz which is 1920x1080 @ 30hz interlaced, could that be the problem? I can't seem to remove that resolution even though I used Power Strip to create a monitor driver whose max resolution is 1360x768
 
AFAIK they don't have to be the same size, just the same res, and I'm running all 3 at 1360x768 right now...
 
You might want to try the WQHL drivers, but I'll bet the problem lies in the monitors not being the same, resolution or not.
 
Thanks for the reply :)

Yes I'm sure. Before I got my two 23", I used my 32" LCD TV as my monitor for over 2 years, always at the resolution of 1360x768.

UPDATE: Now I tried to remove my HDTV, I ran it with only the two 23 inch monitor on DVI and DP->VGA, eyefinity display group worked perfectly... what gives? I know the HDTV has a different native resolution, but shouldn't eyefinity automatically select the highest common resolution?

When I have my HDTV plugged in, it has one more option above 1360x768@60hz which is 1920x1080 @ 30hz interlaced, could that be the problem? I can't seem to remove that resolution even though I used Power Strip to create a monitor driver whose max resolution is 1360x768

1360x768 isnt one of the "normal" pc resolutions. it doesnt surprise me that youre having problems. i know when i redid my htpc i had a similar issue. i had a small screen and my tv, but it detected the tv as a tv so i couldnt choose pc resolutions. so i had to do away with the little screen. try just using the tv. see how its detected.
 
Back
Top