why can't i bribe in rome : total realism 5.4?

I've not heard of this mod before. Maybe they took it out because it wasn't very realistic in the first place? I mean you could bribe people over and over again to stop attacking your village then they'd just stop then attack it ad-infinitum until you built up an army to defeat them.

What do you mean? Every time I bribed an army it would disappear or join your faction???

However you won´t get that option unless you have sufficient funds in the bank. In the beginning in 1.2 even though I had 60000 dinarii on the bank I couldn´t even bribe rebel armies. Not that it´s worth it other than for convenience :)

i never used the bribe option.... i always just fight the opposing army thats in my way

bribing is convenient when you are already winning and don´t want to fight those booring rebels which you know can´t give you a challenge. By then you are also so filthy rich you can actually buy yourself trough so you can finish and begin a new campaign quicker :).

Also since good train diplomats move faster and further and have better los it´s easier to spot rebels and get rid of them quickly if they occure in a spot where you don´t have much more garrissons more then to keep that settlement happy.

Bribing is so expensive it´s not a good strategy otherwise even if it get cheaper with good trained diplomats. However if you play as Roman you can bribe other Roman armys and get their Armys which is of course very handy :)

Back