• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Why buy a tablet PC (Advice wanted)

neokeelo

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Messages
1,649
other than it just looks cool? Are there any real advantages to them? I want a laptop that I can take notes on in class. I am going to Japan in September and I want something portable enough to carry with me.

Something with a webcam built in would be nice so I could do video conferencing with my family back home.

I would like to be able to hook it up to my projector and home theater system. So SPDIF digital audio and HD output are a must. They do have these right?

I can live with out gaming for a while I guess. I think it should have 2GB of ram and at least 2ghz core Duo.
I will probably format it and put XP on it though, I dont think vista is ready yet.
My budget is around 1k. I will can buy used.

What do you guys think?
 
Some of the high schools in our area (the snooty, private ones) require tablet pc's to hook up to the school and the teacher box. These supposedly respond well to handwriting after a while and offer other useful things for the students.
For me, I wouldn't want one. You pay more for it and I'd never use half of what it offers. But for those who have to have one, they seem to really like them.
 
Back
Top