Why aren't there any good deals from Dell??? What's your take on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://msn.com.com/2100-9584_22-5945015.html

News Hardware Upgrades

Dell earnings gets dinged by PC problems

By Michael Singer, CNET News.com
Published on ZDNet News: November 10, 2005, 3:47 PM PT

Dell, whose direct-delivery model for years helped it grow faster than the overall PC market, said on Thursday that its quarterly profit fell amid repair costs for faulty parts in business computers and expenses for layoff severance and consolidation.

Dell lost money on the cheap-o systems unless the sales person could upgrade them or attach service and accessories. Even Rome didn't last forever.

TheALMiGHTyTiGER said:
Even Rome didn't last forever.

I really do hope you're implying that Dell as a firm is about to crumble.

That notion really is so ignorant. It's actually pretty funny.

Rome took 300 years to decline and fall ...

Dell successfully drove all meaningful competition out of the marketplace for retail PC's, except HP/Compaq. Now they are dealing with the consequences of selling the millions of bargain-basement PC's (increased support burden) they used to undercut the competition, and at the same time they are enjoying the benefits of a relatively competition-free(ish) pricing arena.

Only time will tell if the strategy worked and was worth it.

they were good when they started, then they cut costs to make more profit now they are paying for it. Crappy indian phone support who doesn't know what we're asking, cheaper components and the crappy software they are paid to load on the systems.

umbra said:
they were good when they started, then they cut costs to make more profit now they are paying for it. Crappy indian phone support who doesn't know what we're asking, cheaper components and the crappy software they are paid to load on the systems.

Quantifiable evidence, please?

I'd say a ~$15 peak increase in stock prices over the last five years points toward the contrary.

If you can't explain to me what a "stock split" is, I'd reccomend you try to just sit and listen.

This forum is for posting deals, not discussing Dell's business practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back