why are used AMD cards so expensive?

Well .. I have a Sapphire Tri X R9-280 and a Tri X R9 290X New Edition as the 280 is about 2 years old and the 290x is about 1 year old and both only light gaming.. so you guys are saying I can still get top dollar for them?

I feel this thread has been resolved. During bitcoin / litecoin craze 7950/7970 were purchased in mass. when litecoin mining faded they were sold dirt cheap (i commonly saw them for $120) Now ethereum mining has picked up, and its been reported there is about 75,000 video cards are actively mining (mostly AMD). Since i started this thread, i purchased 4 r9 380s because i cant find an older card for what i feel a fair price is (for a card out of warranty which may have already been cryptomine tortured...)

I think you could get $175~ for the 280 and $240 easy on ebay for the 290x.

Well .. I have a Sapphire Tri X R9-280 and a Tri X R9 290X New Edition as the 280 is about 2 years old and the 290x is about 1 year old and both only light gaming.. so you guys are saying I can still get top dollar for them?

I checked eBay sold listings a couple days ago and saw them going from $130 - $180 and some did not include free shipping. 280x Sapphire Toxics were $200+ for some reason...

Makes me want to go back and see if anyone thought this would happen. It is amazing to see so many 7970s still in use. My god that price/ performance to length of use has to be best all time.

I had a hunch these cards would be real work horses.

I'm still running a 7970 and other then not being able to use the active 3d on my monitor I am able to run all I want. Looking to push to 970 or 980ti territory soon though.

Back