Why are there so many Bluetooth devices in Device Manager and why can't I remove them??

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by DaRuSsIaMaN, May 1, 2019.

1. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN [H]ard|Gawd

I'm having incredibly annoying Bluetooth problems with my Yoga Book--which by the way, is a piece of trash of a computer: highly not recommended, mostly because of (as far as I can tell) Lenovo's utter lack of providing driver and other support for this model.

Anyway, I tried updating the driver, and it's telling me the best driver is already installed. I thought maybe I could just uninstall all the Bluetooth-related things and reinstall it using the driver I downloaded from Lenovo. (It's a driver from early 2017. Like I said, their support for this PC is next to nonexistent.) But I'm not able to uninstall anything! The first time I tried, it got to a point where it said I had to reboot to finish uninstalling. After reboot, every single one of the things I had uninstalled was back in the list! Wtf? The second time I tried to uninstall it simply got stuck on an uninstallation and I just rebooted because I wasn't about to wait for some unknown amount of time. Again, same result.

When I go into View, and check "Show hidden devices", I get this giant list:

Clipboard01.png

So,
    1.) why is it that everything comes back after reboot?
    2.) how can I accomplish what I want, which is to remove everything related to Bluetooth and do a fresh install of that driver from Lenovo?

2. DrLobotomy

DrLobotomy [H]ardness Supreme

Did you turn off BT in the BIOS? It will always 'come back' in Device Manager if you didn't.

3. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN [H]ard|Gawd

Oh. No I did not, I didn't know about this. Thanks for that info.

What about peripheral BT devices? Like, for example, my old phone is on the list but I don't use it anymore. That also reappears in the list after I uninstalled it.... Why?

4. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN [H]ard|Gawd

Follow up question. If uninstall all the items and then turn it off in the BIOS, at which point should I turn it back on again? My objective is to do a "fresh" install of everything related to Bluetooth.

5. DrLobotomy

DrLobotomy [H]ardness Supreme

I would suggest turning BT off in BIOS and booting into OS. Uninstall the BT software now that the hardware is really OFF.

Boot back into BIOS and re-enable BT and boot OS and see what happens. Windows SHOULD install the proper software.